Kris Holm Unicycle vs. Yuni Unicycle

Old January 9th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Kris Holm Unicycle vs. Yuni Unicycle

Out of these two unicycles which one comes out on top in durablility and
quality?
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=626

or the Kris Holm
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=800

--
onewheeling
onewheeling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11307

Old January 9th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

My vote is the KH. I haven't ridden the Yuni set-up, but the Freeride
is incredible. I took it on a long rocky, dusty singletrack last
summer and was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. The Yuni
components look just as strong, except maybe for the frame.....the KH
is really great....strong and light (relatively speaking).

--
unidaddy

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cx3jh)
unidaddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7879

Old January 9th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I would get the KH considering how light and strong it is, but you may
want to consider the Yuni because the if you break the profiles you get
free ones, unlike the Kris Holms. I would still get the Kh though.

--
Bryan Stevens
Bryan Stevens's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11463

Old January 9th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Would it be a good move to upgrade the tire to the Nokian Gazzaloddi?
And is the brake really worth the extra money?
-onewheeling

Old January 9th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

onewheeling wrote:
Would it be a good move to upgrade the tire to the Nokian Gazzaloddi?
And is the brake really worth the extra money?
-onewheeling

I think brakes are only needed for very difficult, steep and technical
trails. I do pretty hard trails without any brakes, it's just REALLy
tiring and when I'm done I can barely walk.

Old January 9th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

onewheeling wrote:
Would it be a good move to upgrade the tire to the Nokian Gazzaloddi?

Depends what size. The Gazz 2.3" is a horrible horrible tyre to ride.
I have read good reports of other Gazz sizes, but many people have
agreed with my assessment of the 2.3".

--
Mikefule

"The good life is the life inspired by love and informed by knowledge."

Russell

Old January 9th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I can't coment on the Yuni, but I have a 24"XC Kris Holm, and it is
great.

I quite fancy getting a brake for the odd times that I ride down really
steep, and loose trails. I don't need one most of the time, but it
would be good when you need it.

--
innes
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Old January 9th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

onewheeling wrote:
Would it be a good move to upgrade the tire to the Nokian Gazzaloddi?
And is the brake really worth the extra money?
-onewheeling

No need for the tyre upgrade, that's an awful lot of extra money for
something that most people think is about the same quality as the duro
tyre. Some people like the Gazz more, some people like the Duro more,
but there's not much between them.

I wouldn't bother with the brake, better to learn without one and then
add it later once you know whether you want it and you've learnt basic
muni skills like riding down steep hills without the help of a brake.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old January 10th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yea if you get one ot these uni's get the KH for sure. Its light, and
strong. Dont get a gazz tire on it or a brake either, id say get a gazz
for your next tire to compare them and see witch you like best. Brakes
are really not needed.

--
musketman
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old January 10th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

agreeing with musketman here.

I have a KH24 (biased?), and it is the sweetness. the gazz/duro tires
are more or less the same (duro is a round-profile while the gazz is
square), but the price differential is much greater. Also, the kh
crankset is in many ways better than the profiles. A brake is something
to get after you know you need it. I've read somewhere onthe forums
that it's better for your style if you don't have one while you're
still getting into it anyhow, so you don't become reliant on a brake.

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894