Short film (with unicycle) for apple film festival - please rate!

Old November 21st 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jester2000

Default Short film (with unicycle) for apple film festival - please rate!

I made a short two weekends ago (Nov 10-12) with two friends for a
24-hour student film festival put on by Apple.
(http://edcommunity.apple.com/contest/contest.php)
On Friday at 2pm, they put out 11 required elements, 3 of which had to
be included in the film.
The films could not exceed 3 minutes, and the films had to be done
within 24-hours of the prompt.

After reading the prompt, we brainstormed and threw a bunch of stuff in
my friend Jon's station-wagon
(including costumes, unicycles, food, and a monkey). We worked until 4
am, then got up the next morning
to finish and upload the film to apple.com before 2pm. My friend Jon
and my housemate Yoni performed
the music a mere 1.5 hours before the deadline. Here's the film we
made:

1 (on apple) http://edcommunity.apple.com/contest...php?itemID=178
2 (on my site -low quality)
http://www.unicyclejester.com/vids/cowboy2.mov
3 (on my site -high quality)
http://www.unicyclejester.com/vids/cowboy%20v3.0.mov

Now until December 3rd people can go and rate each film that was
submitted. (There were
teams of college students from all over the country). The top 25 rated
films get to be
reviewed by a jury after Dec. 3rd.

If you like it, please vote and tell all your friends to vote!!!
[in order to vote, you have to do it by clicking on the "apple version"
of my movie above.

-Jess

p.s.

Here's a list of all the given elements the teams could use:

Required character named: Alex Kona
Required Dialog line: "No, you don't understand what it's like growing
up here."
Required costume: Leather jacket and dark sunglasses
Required prop: Ice
Required side kick: Pet monkey
Required setting: Abandoned building
Required shot: Clock with 4:11 on face
Required makeup: Fake eyelashes and blue eye shadow
Required gen Sci-fi/fantasy
Required Camera effect: Crane or boom shot
Required editing device: Musical montage

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) [ -- updated]
Comic Strip' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/ramblings.php) | 'My Blog'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/blog.php)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old November 21st 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I really liked that. =p

Good luck! Hope you win it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
Just Need $63.28

Old November 21st 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Loosemoose

Haha! Great Jess, loved it . Hope you do well, seems a shame you have
to have an apple membership to vote .

Really liked the stop-motion style monkey, very amusing.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old November 21st 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
benjaug

That was awesome, Jess. That had better win! The monkey was hillarious.

--
benjaug

mornish wrote:
It's a coicidink! I wonder why we all have unicycles?

onewheelinwierdo wrote:

phobiaphobia - The fear of having a fear

'YouTube Gallery' (www.youtube.com/user/benjaug)
benjaug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11229

Old November 21st 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

rrrreallllyyyyyy great video jess.

--
amanda.gallacher

--sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old November 21st 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniTyler

Nice job, Jess. Can you explain how you did the monkey scene? I saw
some strings, but it also looked like a cut motion sort of thing.

Great vid,
Ty

--
UniTyler

tobbogonist wrote:
and yes it will only have 1 wheel and will not run on suger and farts

SAVAGE wrote:
IT WAS A TOY COWBOY GUN!!!!

UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old November 21st 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Wow, that's seriously cool! I loved it!
Is it really possible to ride a giraffe faster than you can run(naive)?

--
ivan

Someone wrote:
Blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old December 5th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jester2000

Last chance to vote everyone!!

I'm currently ranked #24, which is RIGHT on the cusp.

The top 25 films go on to be looked at by a jury.

It only takes a minute to sign up with apple, and rate it!

Here's the link again:

http://edcommunity.apple.com/contest...php?itemID=178

Later,

Jess

Old December 5th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

Nice Job!

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old December 5th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I voted for you the day you posted this. I hope everybody else did too.

Good luck again!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Bike Film Festival Bean Long Australia 2 October 27th 06 09:02 AM
cycling film festival! ProfTournesol Australia 4 April 1st 06 07:45 AM
Defect at the Tahoe Adventure Film Festival uniryder Unicycling 13 December 19th 05 02:50 PM
Oil City Film Festival: LI, NY - any riders, cameraperson? HardcoreCokerRider Unicycling 0 November 14th 05 07:02 PM
"Numero Uno" wins best film at MTB film festival! TonyMelton Unicycling 24 March 2nd 05 05:46 AM