Green beer

Old May 4th 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Jason

Default Green beer

JD wrote:
On May 3, 9:45 am, Jason wrote:
MattB wrote:

They always have kegs at our bike events around here too. Nothing like
racing my guts out (sometimes literally) and then sitting around
drinking beer for a while!
Matt

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the weekend actually.

Jason

Minus the racing BS.

JD

Agreed, takes away from the drinking time.
Old May 4th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Jason wrote:
JD wrote:

On May 3, 9:45 am, Jason wrote:

MattB wrote:

They always have kegs at our bike events around here too. Nothing like
racing my guts out (sometimes literally) and then sitting around
drinking beer for a while!
Matt

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the weekend actually.

Jason

Minus the racing BS.

JD

Agreed, takes away from the drinking time.

I just try and get through it as quickly as possible to get to the good
part.
Old May 4th 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 4, 9:19 am, MattB wrote:
Jason wrote:
JD wrote:

On May 3, 9:45 am, Jason wrote:

MattB wrote:

They always have kegs at our bike events around here too. Nothing like
racing my guts out (sometimes literally) and then sitting around
drinking beer for a while!
Matt

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the weekend actually.

Jason

Minus the racing BS.

JD

Agreed, takes away from the drinking time.

I just try and get through it as quickly as possible to get to the good
part.

Funny, I was watching a bunch of cops gear up for some kinda GRS ride
this morning before leaving work and saw that they had two large
coolers with them. My guess was Gatorade filled them instead of a
fine product from New Belgium. Funny how most mountain bikers reach
for a beer right after a ride instead of some ghey recovery drink.
Wait, beer is a recovery drink! When I rode through the parking lot
at mach 1 on SLF, there were a lot of dumbfounded looks coming from
those dummies. I guess I didn't have enough gears or a new enough
bike, or something like that.

Ok, I'm awake enough to ride brakeless on he street. Time for a
cappucino and panini. Go ride your friggin' bikes!

JD woke up to Hell Bent For Leather, which may or may not explain the
johnson/pinos comment

Old May 4th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

JD wrote:
Funny, I was watching a bunch of cops gear up for some kinda GRS ride
this morning before leaving work and saw that they had two large
coolers with them. My guess was Gatorade filled them instead of a
fine product from New Belgium. Funny how most mountain bikers reach

1554! It has reignited my taste for beer. My stomach is a little
larger, though.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 4th 07, 11:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
JD wrote:

Funny, I was watching a bunch of cops gear up for some kinda GRS ride
this morning before leaving work and saw that they had two large
coolers with them. My guess was Gatorade filled them instead of a
fine product from New Belgium. Funny how most mountain bikers reach

1554! It has reignited my taste for beer. My stomach is a little
larger, though.

Really? Interesting.
It /is/ a good brew. Have you tried Trippel? Similarly (yet differently)
delicious. Lighter in color but very flavorful.

Matt
Old May 4th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
On May 4, 9:19 am, MattB wrote:

Jason wrote:

JD wrote:

On May 3, 9:45 am, Jason wrote:

MattB wrote:

[...]

Depending on the ride I might do both. If I'm really depleted, a
recovery drink really does help. Then I move on to beer.

Once in college I came home from an all day epic to find a raging party
at my house. I made my self a Cytomax Margarita to get into the swing of
things and get "up to speed".

Matt (doing a GRS century in a couple of weeks, not that there's
anything wrong with that)
Old May 5th 07, 02:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 4, 3:06 pm, MattB wrote:
JD wrote:
On May 4, 9:19 am, MattB wrote:

Jason wrote:

JD wrote:

On May 3, 9:45 am, Jason wrote:

MattB wrote:

[...]

I think Greg and I are going to ride a dark century here next month.
I've never done a century before, so I figured it would be less lame
if my first one was at night and on a fixed gear.

BTW, the cappucino and panini were excellent. Afterwards I went out
and bought a couple of tubes and then hit the music store and picked
up "The Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus" on CD and have been listening
it while working on getting Carrie's Peugeot mixte running. Great
food, great tunes, and putting the finishing touches on a $10 eBay
score. It's almost beer-30 and time for some carnitas, followed by
Stone Oaked *******.

Weirdo footnote, on the way back fom the music store, there is one of
those permanent radar things on a nice flat section in a 25 mph zone.
I made it hit 30 without really getting low and as fast as that SLF
can get cranked up.

JD

Old May 5th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
JD wrote:

Funny, I was watching a bunch of cops gear up for some kinda GRS ride
this morning before leaving work and saw that they had two large
coolers with them. My guess was Gatorade filled them instead of a
fine product from New Belgium. Funny how most mountain bikers reach

1554! It has reignited my taste for beer. My stomach is a little
larger, though.

Really? Interesting.
It /is/ a good brew. Have you tried Trippel? Similarly (yet differently)
delicious. Lighter in color but very flavorful.

Matt

I was a Guinness fan, so I tend to venture towards the darker beers.
I'll give it a try i I can ind some around here this weekend. I
currently live in the slummier area o Denver, so aside from the Target,
I can't find a liquor store without colt 45 and meth addicts as the
default. But, good news today. I had an offer which I accepted on the
house in NJ, and my house in Golden will be done in two months. Finally!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 5th 07, 04:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 4, 6:12 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
JD wrote:

[...]

o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws- Hide quoted text -

There are much better stouts than Guinness, Like Samuel Smith's
Oatmeal Stout and their Russian Imperial Stout. Right now Stone has
an Imperial that is majorly kick ass.

JD

Old May 7th 07, 05:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

MattB wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

JD wrote:

[...]

I agree about Samuel Smiths. I love everything they brew!

Mitch, if you prefer dark beers (is it because they look more like
Coke?) then another great New Belgium beer to try is Abbey.

I try and cover all the shades of beer, just to be fair.

Matt