Specialized Brain

Old May 10th 07, 06:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
OzCableguy

Default Specialized Brain

While at the LBS today my eyes were greedily taking in all of the
Specialized offerings to see which one I might aim for as my reward for
reaching my next fitness milestone. Here in Oz there's a jump of around
$1200.00 from the Stumpy Comp up to the Expert with the Brain. So, is it
worth the extra $$ to get the Brain perhaps taking into consideration even
with my bf down around 5% I'm still going to be over 100 kgs (220 lbs) so
I'll need to run whatever I get fairly stiff anyway?
(My riding is 90% XC on fire trails and flowing single).

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

Old May 10th 07, 04:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

OzCableguy wrote:
While at the LBS today my eyes were greedily taking in all of the
Specialized offerings to see which one I might aim for as my reward for
reaching my next fitness milestone. Here in Oz there's a jump of around
$1200.00 from the Stumpy Comp up to the Expert with the Brain. So, is it
worth the extra $$ to get the Brain perhaps taking into consideration even
with my bf down around 5% I'm still going to be over 100 kgs (220 lbs) so
I'll need to run whatever I get fairly stiff anyway?
(My riding is 90% XC on fire trails and flowing single).

I'd go for it if I could afford it. I really like the climbing
efficiency of the Brain shocks. But this isn't about me, it's about you
so you have to decide if that's important to you or not.

Matt