Bikeable Boise

Old May 10th 07, 10:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Default Bikeable Boise

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A220022

"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

CDB

Old May 10th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"Paladin" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A220022

"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

Nothing here but I usually walk. The ride's not long enough, I only do it
when I'm late for a meeting.

Greg
--
Ticket******* tax tracker:
http://ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

Old May 11th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
HikerDave

On May 10, 2:09 pm, Paladin wrote:
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A220022

"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

CDB

When I lived in Boise, nothing. I rode to work every day of the year.
During the December and January I'd put on the studded Nokian tires
just to keep it safe.

Now that I live in Tempe within a mile of my workplace I ride to work
when I'm feeling lazy but the rest of the time I walk.

The key to riding is to forego the trophy home and live close to work.
For a few years I had to commute from Nampa to Boise because my wife
needed to live close to her work. The commute was miserable.

I don't understand why people choose to live with long commutes --
when I return from an early morning road or mountain bike ride and
cross the freeway on the way home for breakfast I always see 6 lanes
of parking lot headed into town. On one cool clear morning before the
rush started my daughter commented that the atmosphere smelled like
trees and flowers "not like air".

Boise in ten years is going to be just like this place.

Dave

Old May 11th 07, 05:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Paladin wrote:
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A220022

"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

CDB

Nothing except the occasional mechanical. Then I ride the long board or
even walk.

That's a good article. Boise sounds pretty cool. We just passed a
recreation initiative here that will add a network of bike paths for
kids and commuters among other things. It's a big step in the right
direction.

Matt
Old May 11th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On May 10, 2:09 pm, Paladin wrote:
"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

Not even mechanicals because I have too many bikes to make that
excuse.

JD

Old May 13th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On May 11, 12:33 pm, MattB wrote:
Paladin wrote:
http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A220022

"What's stopping you from riding to work?"

CDB

Nothing except the occasional mechanical. Then I ride the long board or
even walk.

That's a good article. Boise sounds pretty cool. We just passed a
recreation initiative here that will add a network of bike paths for
kids and commuters among other things. It's a big step in the right
direction.

Matt

I ride to work every single day. Even on rainny days and Mondays. On
rain days I down my rain suit and ride. And when I pull up to the bike
rack on the lower level of the garage my bike is the only one coming
and going. On a clear days I count 5 or 6 bikes and one jogger. You
know that trike looking baby stroller.