Women Cyclists on Usenet

Old September 29th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.racing
Penny

Default Women Cyclists on Usenet

Patrick Turner writes:

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:NdWdnbdU5qz87H3VnZ2dnUVZ_rPinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"Brian" wrote in message
cablecommunications...

way to go eddie, I give that an 8.5 on the "yank-o-meter"...

I do what I can to spice up these ****ing lousy newsgroups.

I think I see the problem Eddie, why your getting lousy ****s.

You have to **** with real women, not your computer that is
logged into Usenet. Yes, I know that the sound port on your
computer is just the right size for you, but really it's supposed
to be used for plugging in a set of speakers, not copulatory
purposes.

Ted

Ted, the one and only "Ed Dolan the Great Etc" seems to be a raving mad
mysogenist.

His experience of female cyclists is not at all the view of the many
other male cyclists who I know and ride with often.

So *Ladies*, if you are reading this news group, please don't be alarmed
by the tiny minority of men (who do comprise a fair number anyway) who
are attracted to non moderated news groups with nothing to stop them

You feel the need to say this?

spewing a torrent of verbal abuse, sexual intolerance, and negativity
about things which are uniquely female in nature. I for one never expect
women to duplicate the efforts of male cyclists. It is a fact that very
few females ever come near male physical strength and endurance levels,
but I can only admire the determination and courage displayed by females
who have found asserting themselves on two wheels is a heck of a lot

Wow. What a creepy suck up!

better than leading timid un-sporting and non active lives like so many
settle for. For example, look at the level of female expertise with
cycling demonstrated during the women's road race at the Olympics.
Anyone competing at that level has to be experienced and know a lot.

I am sure no one would have thought so without your wise words. Thank
you.

Compare what happens in men's races, and suddenly you'll see many men
are fools on wheels. Look at all the crashes during the TDF especially
during the first week. Lotsa male bone heads out there.

You make it all so appealing!

I for one would much rather live in a world where all women lived free
of the stupid assessments by Dolan, and free to persue lives as
cyclists, doctors, or bricklayers if they so choose

*puke*

Give us a break. No one takes Ed Dolan seriously. Least of all him.

Women Cyclists on Usenet Penny General 0 September 29th 08 04:39 PM
Women Cyclists on Usenet Penny Racing 0 September 29th 08 04:39 PM
Women Cyclists on Usenet Penny Social Issues 0 September 29th 08 04:39 PM
Women Cyclists on Usenet Tom Keats General 0 September 28th 08 04:56 PM
Meeting cyclists via Usenet? frkrygow General 24 January 11th 04 05:46 AM