(UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

Old September 22nd 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

Default (UK): Peaks Muni Trip 2: Early Midlife Crisis 19th-21st September 2008

Great weekend; thanks to everyone who came along. Rare proof that a UK
muni weekend can be unbroken sunshine and partial cloud-cover.

Phil, you must have an awful lot of pictures; I look forward to seeing
some of the choicer ones!

Sam

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
Old September 22nd 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Yes, very good indeed! Well worth the trip (although it did remind me
the driver's seat in my car needs rebuilding... ouch )

Lots of riding just on the limit of my ability, but not impossible.
And as Sam mentioned, it didn't rain for once! No real injuries either
(I think Spencer twisted his ankle a bit, Sam scraped his shoulder and I
destroyed a toe nail, but that was it) which was quite surprising given
how rocky it all was.

Thanks Joe

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old September 22nd 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Yeah, thanks one and all for a great weekend. My body is hating me now,
but despite that I had a fantastic time. Whilst I may not have ridden
quite as much of the uber-technical as some people did, I loved the
route and thoroughly enjoyed the stuff I did ride.

As long as I can get my loose cranks sorted out in time, I'm looking
forward to the BUC muni ride already!

Oh, and happy birthday Joe!

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 22nd 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Hey everyone, glad that the routes turned out good - and the weather was
amazing wasn't it!

I'm quite achey given we didn't ride as far as originally planned
either day - I think riding the best sections multiple times, plus the
silly fast speed we went on the Saturday, and silly fast spinning on
that last road section, have all taken their toll.

That Sunday ride was surprisingly super, totally concentrated technical
goodness, and not too long either - like the rest of the Peak District
but without the in-betweeny bits, and almost all the uphills rideable.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new
pics' (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old September 22nd 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend, I thought - well worth the creaking legs
and walking difficulties today!

What's currently making it seem even better is that it's raining here
at the moment - we had some very well timed weather.

Lots and lots of pictures of the weekend...

[image:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/philhimsworth/S.../CIMG2685.JPG]

[image:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/philhimsworth/S.../CIMG2648.JPG]

[image:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/philhimsworth/S.../CIMG2700.JPG]

There are loads more he http://tinyurl.com/4wpwkw

Phil

--
phil

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
Old September 22nd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phil

...and not forgetting Sam's entry for the "how far can I drop my
unicycle" award:

[image:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/philhimsworth/S.../CIMG2572.JPG]

Phil

Old September 22nd 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

For anyone interested, I've put my GPS logs up on mapmyride.com;
'Saturday' (http://tinyurl.com/4vfym8)
'Sunday' (http://tinyurl.com/3wklx5)

The Sunday ride doesn't include the extra loop of the woods that some
of you did though, but I still make it 29.39 miles in total with over
1000 meters of climbing and ascent in 2 days. Probably not that far
off of for qualifying for RTL!

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 22nd 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ian.stockwell

Great weekend all, I had a fantastic time, a little sore today and I
think I might stay off the uni for a couple of days.
Thanks for the Photos Phil.
My vote goes for Joe having a 30th birthday about every 6 months.
No wonder Sam's seatpost broke, I hadn't realised he'd thrown his uni
half way down a mountain.

--
ian.stockwell

All generalisations are dangerous, even this one.
Old September 24th 08, 10:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
stavros

God I am so jealous.
Been back on the uni this last week after the break. Working on
getting my withered leg built up again.
Great Pics.
God I am so jealous.

--
stavros
Old September 24th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Love that last picture.

Good to hear you're up and about again Steve.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.