How many unicyclists out there?

Old May 29th 04, 04:25 PM
tylercox

Default How many unicyclists out there?

Does anybody have an idea of how many unicyclists there are in any given
crowd of say 100 people? Is unicycling still something where you go out
and people will say "wow!" or will they just say, "hey! I just learned
to go backwards, what about you?" Basically...is it still WOW, or is it
just SO WHAT?

--
tylercox - 10-year-old Unidude

"The stupider you are, the cooler you are!"

-tylercox
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old May 29th 04, 04:39 PM
evil-nick

In Sanbornton NH (aka, Middle o' No Where) there's at least one, forget
his name, and kinda me when I visit my parents and work there on
weekends / summer. Just riding around the Bishop's U. Campus I've met 2
other's who know how to uni, and one active uni'er.

--
evil-nick - One-Wheeled Psycho!

They make them with two wheels now?
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old May 29th 04, 05:16 PM
tennisgh22

its still a WOW, unfortunately. I live in the 2nd biggest city in
maryland, and i have yet to meet another unicyclist. The odds of finding
another unicyclist are a lot less than 1/100 if you ask me. i'd say
1/1000 have tried it, between 1/5,000 and 1/10,000 are active
unicyclists. those numbers are in no way accurate, they're just my
general idea. Regardless, if you do stumble arcross another unicyclist
in your area, consider yourself very lucky!

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old May 30th 04, 12:33 AM
bugman

tennisgh22 wrote:
*its still a WOW, unfortunately. I live in the 2nd biggest city in
maryland, and i have yet to meet another unicyclist. The odds of
finding another unicyclist are a lot less than 1/100 if you ask me.
i'd say 1/1000 have tried it, between 1/5,000 and 1/10,000 are active
unicyclists. those numbers are in no way accurate, they're just my
general idea. Regardless, if you do stumble arcross another unicyclist
in your area, consider yourself very lucky!

-grant *

You really think there are 800,000 active unicyclists? If 1/10000 was
accurate, we should be able to get a pretty good group going here in
Atlanta. Out of 400 avtive unicyclists, we should be able to get 20-30
to show up. Of course that would be assuming your numbers were
accurate.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the
press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of
speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the
freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who
serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who
allows the protester to burn the flag."
~Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

Old May 30th 04, 05:17 AM
gerblefranklin

Wow, I went riding last Sunday, and I met 6 people who could unicycle
and one more who learned in 5 minutes. There are at least 7 people who
can unicycle who live within a mile of me.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

Old May 30th 04, 06:26 AM
PopeSamXVI

I don't know. Apparently there is a lady on the other side of my fair
town who is training to be a clown so when people see me they say "Hey
do you know the unicycle lady?" To which I reply "Yes, we all know each
other." But I've really never met her.

And I live on a street where my sister and I are the oldest (at 17 and
16 respectively) and the rest of the kids aren't older than 10. Today a
youngin no older than 6 said "Hey get back here circus boy!"

I suppose he wasn't impressed as his tone was that of a mother about to
punish her young with a bull whip.

--
PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

Old May 30th 04, 07:37 AM
zach_jucha

How many unicyclists out there?

I know of seven.

--
zach_jucha - Smilemaker

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

-I think I see way more penises then I should.-

- Dan Heaton

-God didn't give him brains but he sure gave him talent.-

- Kris Holm's friend Chris as Kris did a huge drop
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old May 31st 04, 03:22 AM
grey

I think that this should be a required question on the 2010 U.S. census.
Now who should we write to in order to get this to happen?

At least they should include it in the more detailed questionaire which
is sent to something like every hundredth household.

--
grey - George Kleinert

"be carefull not to violate the cardinal rule: never sleep with anybody
who is crazier than you are.
- evilewan
grey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4330

Old May 31st 04, 03:42 AM
darchibald

I know of 8 in my town (and county) who have ridden or still do ride.
But I think there's probably more. My town's (and county) population is
about 20,000, I think. That equals 1/2500.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.5

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old May 31st 04, 04:26 AM
PopeSamXVI

grey wrote:
*I think that this should be a required question on the 2010 U.S.
census. Now who should we write to in order to get this to happen?

At least they should include it in the more detailed questionaire
which is sent to something like every hundredth household. *

Write your congressman.