Ed Dolan & Melanie

Old March 19th 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default OT - Yakhont and Moskit

"Michael Press" wrote in message
[...]
Also, you have not said what you have against Iran
that you want to bomb them.

You are confusing Tom Sherman with me. I want to bomb the hell out of Iran
and most other Moslem countries because I do not like their confounded
religion. It keeps them permanently poor and savage and a threat to Western
Civilization. But maybe you don't care about Western Civilization? Why not
emigrate to Iran and see how you like it there.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 20th 11, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

Whoops! I bombed Libya instead.
Is that acceptable?

--
Michael Press
Old March 20th 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/20/2011 3:21 AM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Tºm Shermªn™ " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

Whoops! I bombed Libya instead.
Is that acceptable?

No. Libya does not have the latest in Russian anti-ship supersonic
cruise missiles.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 20th 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Ed Dolan & Music

Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
But hard to argue with facts, don't you think?

I did not dispute that it is prolific, but the reason why.

The reason why is that everything else is even worse.

Wrong again. I see you are closed to further learning.

Products need not be near perfect or even good to be successful.

But they can't be as bad as you imagine them to be either.

I don't need to imagine. I have used and abused Microsnot products for
many years, along side software from many other companies. You
obviously have not, so don't know any better. Your ignorance must be bliss.

Ignorance is bliss. You don't know how imperfect Bill's fancy is until
you've looked elsewhere. Furthermore, IE9 will be just as woeful as all
it's predecessors, possibly more so.
Where the hell should I look? Apple? Linux?

Well, yes they are better whole operating systems, but you needn't go that
far to fix Bill's mail software problem. Your friend, Tom, has given you
an answer.

Linux is an abomination. Only geeks would ever bother with it.

Microsoft is an abomination. Only poor ignorant souls bother with it.

Tom mentioned Thunderbird. This is mail software that is to some degree
operating system independent. It runs on Windows as well as Linux and
Mac. It is not a question of which OS, in this case, but that the
Microsoft offering that you (ab)use can be replaced by a far superior
tool at no cost except your download bandwidth.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-U...rbird/all.html

Some postings I get from Google Groups are fine, others aren't. I am
convinced that the problem lies with those who are using Google Groups, not
with my Windows Mail. I will admit that Tom Sherman knows one hell of a lot
about this computer ****.

I don't have a problem with mail from anyone, thanks to my superior mail
reader.

Just wait and see how quickly they run to stick on the bandaids.
All Internet browsers continually and constantly need band aids. Things
might improve if we would put hackers into prison for 20 years for even a
single offense.

IE has more than its fair share, partly because of substandard
development, and then a substandard operating system on which it relies.

IE 9 is getting very good reviews. I suspect you are still thinking of IE 6.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 are great improvements on Windows XP. You need
to get up to date.

Nop. Vista and 7 are abominations. Way too slow and clunky with all
the extra layers of security crap that wouldn't be necessary if the
underlying OS was built tough - like a *nix OS. From mobile phones to
super computers, it is simply better.

It's all Google's fault. Microsoft is as innocent and pure as the wind
driven snow.

Bahahahaha, as pure as the wind that blows from my arse!

Do you mean ass?

No. I don't blow wind from my donkey. Do you?

Are you paying for your newsreader - eternal-september?

No.

Then why the hell isn't everyone using it instead of Google Groups?

Maybe they enjoy accessing the usenet mail from a browser.

JS.
Old March 20th 11, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

On 3/20/2011 5:18 PM, James wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
[...]

MS has dropped their public news servers and created a mail reader that
makes using NNTP suck.
Time to use something not dictated by the OS to access newsgroups. NNTP
via TBird is better IMO.
Using IE to read news is like using Word as a text editor for your email
like Outlook (not express)
does.
Old March 21st 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Tºm Shermªn™ " wrote:

On 3/16/2011 10:08 PM, Michael Press wrote:

Nothing wrong with pipe bands---but I am a big fan
of military ordinance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM

But can it react fast enough to target the Yakhont and Moskit? Bomb
Iran and find out.

Whoops! I bombed Libya instead.
Is that acceptable?

No. Libya does not have the latest in Russian anti-ship supersonic
cruise missiles.

It has to be Iran. They must have really hurt you.

--
Michael Press
Old March 22nd 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Linux is an abomination. Only geeks would ever bother with it.

Microsoft is an abomination. Only poor ignorant souls bother with it.

[...]
IE 9 is getting very good reviews. I suspect you are still thinking of IE
6. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are great improvements on Windows XP. You
need to get up to date.

Nop. Vista and 7 are abominations. Way too slow and clunky with all the
extra layers of security crap that wouldn't be necessary if the underlying
OS was built tough - like a *nix OS. From mobile phones to super
computers, it is simply better.

James is simply a MS hater, without rhyme or reason. If it were as bad as he
says, no one in the world would ever be using it, whereas the truth is that
entire the world is using it. What an idiot! It would make more sense for me
to talk to the ether than to talk to him.

Old March 22nd 11, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Linux is an abomination. Only geeks would ever bother with it.

Microsoft is an abomination. Only poor ignorant souls bother with it.

[...]
IE 9 is getting very good reviews. I suspect you are still thinking of IE
6. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are great improvements on Windows XP. You
need to get up to date.

Nop. Vista and 7 are abominations. Way too slow and clunky with all the
extra layers of security crap that wouldn't be necessary if the underlying
OS was built tough - like a *nix OS. From mobile phones to super
computers, it is simply better.

James is simply a MS hater, without rhyme or reason. If it were as bad as he
says, no one in the world would ever be using it, whereas the truth is that
entire the world is using it. What an idiot! It would make more sense for me
to talk to the ether than to talk to him.

Ed Dolan is simply a MS adorer, without even considering that better
alternatives exist. I expect he owns a Land Rover as well. If not,
he's tarred with the same brush at least.

Unknown to Ed, the world is not fixated by Bills latest buggy offerings,
or wowed by semi secret background downloads of bandaids. What a fool!

The ether is a non existent medium, so talking to it, or even suggesting
talking to it, is irrational and nonsensical.

Ed is simply irrational.

I realise talking sense to someone who is irrational and who doesn't
realise the difference between his arse and an ass is pointless.

JS.
Old March 23rd 11, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/22/2011 12:15 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Linux is an abomination. Only geeks would ever bother with it.

Microsoft is an abomination. Only poor ignorant souls bother with it.

[...]
IE 9 is getting very good reviews. I suspect you are still thinking of IE
6. Windows Vista and Windows 7 are great improvements on Windows XP. You
need to get up to date.

Nop. Vista and 7 are abominations. Way too slow and clunky with all the
extra layers of security crap that wouldn't be necessary if the underlying
OS was built tough - like a *nix OS. From mobile phones to super
computers, it is simply better.

James is simply a MS hater, without rhyme or reason. If it were as bad as he
says, no one in the world would ever be using it, whereas the truth is that
entire the world is using it. What an idiot! It would make more sense for me
to talk to the ether than to talk to him.

Popularity is *not* an indicator of quality.

To use an analogy Ed can understand, there are dozens of lip-syncing pop
"musicians" [1] that outsell Beethoven, but there is more quality in a
short Woo [2] composition than all the schlock combined.

[1] To use the term *very* loosely.
[2] Without opus number; e.g. compositions Beethoven considered unworthy
of being assigned an opus number.

Old March 23rd 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
James is simply a MS hater, without rhyme or reason. If it were as bad as
he
says, no one in the world would ever be using it, whereas the truth is
that
entire the world is using it. What an idiot! It would make more sense for
me
to talk to the ether than to talk to him.

Ed Dolan is simply a MS adorer, without even considering that better
alternatives exist. I expect he owns a Land Rover as well. If not, he's
tarred with the same brush at least.

I have already stated repeatedly that I am not in the least enamored of any
of this computer **** regardless of OS. Pay attention!

By the way, I own a 1988 Mazda 626. It gets well over 30 miles to the
gallon. God only knows what a spendthrift fool like you own!

Unknown to Ed, the world is not fixated by Bills latest buggy offerings,
or wowed by semi secret background downloads of bandaids. What a fool!

I have already stated repeatedly that the computer and the Internet is a
seriously flawed technology. Pay attention!

The ether is a non existent medium, so talking to it, or even suggesting
talking to it, is irrational and nonsensical.

But you do not exist either, just like all Apple zombies. Like all such
nitwits, you have more money than brains and don't have a clue about how to
spend it sensibly.

Ed is simply irrational.

I realise talking sense to someone who is irrational and who doesn't
realise the difference between his arse and an ass is pointless.

My rationality exists on a different plane than yours. The fact is that MS
rules. Anyone who says otherwise is woefully ignorant and not susceptible to
reason.

Now take your "better alternatives" and shove them up your dumb ass!