i want to do my A2 physics coursework about the physics of a unicycle...

Old June 15th 04, 09:04 PM
annaats

Default i want to do my A2 physics coursework about the physics of a unicycle...

i am doing my A2 physics coursework and i would really like to write it
about something that interests me, (that means nothing to do with normal
physics topics). Do you have any knowledge that might help me write a
report about the physics to do with a unicycle? Maybe things like the
effects that different sizes, weights, heights, tyres and positions
have. Or something even better that i haven't thought of! People in my
college call me 'Circus Freak' so i think i ought to live up to my name!
If you know any physics about other circus things that might help me it
would be really good too. Thanx.
ats

--
annaats
annaats's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6903

Old June 15th 04, 10:39 PM
johnfoss

I don't know what level "A2" is at, so don't know if unicycling is a
little complicated, or a little too simple for your purpose. I'll assume
too complicated, because it generally is. There are plenty of other
circus acts that make interesting use of physics. How about the Wheel of
Death (or variations)? Or Russian Swing, teterboard, etc? Each of those
has less range of motion (generally rotating on a fixed axis), so they
might be easier to report on.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"if you can do balloon animals,you can lace your own wheel." -- Jagur