Chicagoland bike path question

Old July 6th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Chicagoland bike path question

I was on a ride today and just after I started the battery in my
computer died. I went to mapmyride.com and got an approximate distance
for the following but I was wondering if anyone had the exact distance
from:

Going south on the Fox River Trail you get off at the sign indicating
Silver Glen/Randall Trails (starting point). You exit the FRT and loop
around 31, cross it, take Silver Glen to Randall, Randall south to the
Leroy Oaks FP and you end up at the trail head for the Great Western
Trail (ending point).

Thanks,
Steve in Elk Grove Village, IL

Old July 8th 07, 07:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

On Jul 5, 6:23 pm, " wrote:
I was on a ride today and just after I started the battery in my
computer died. I went to mapmyride.com and got an approximate distance
for the following but I was wondering if anyone had the exact distance
from:

Going south on the Fox River Trail you get off at the sign indicating
Silver Glen/Randall Trails (starting point). You exit the FRT and loop
around 31, cross it, take Silver Glen to Randall, Randall south to the
Leroy Oaks FP and you end up at the trail head for the Great Western
Trail (ending point).

Thanks,
Steve in Elk Grove Village, IL

Any answer you are likely to get will probably be no more accurate
than the figure you got from that website.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old July 8th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Grand Poobah

" wrote in message
ps.com...
I was on a ride today and just after I started the battery in my
computer died. I went to mapmyride.com and got an approximate distance
for the following but I was wondering if anyone had the exact distance
from:

Going south on the Fox River Trail you get off at the sign indicating
Silver Glen/Randall Trails (starting point). You exit the FRT and loop
around 31, cross it, take Silver Glen to Randall, Randall south to the
Leroy Oaks FP and you end up at the trail head for the Great Western
Trail (ending point).

Thanks,
Steve in Elk Grove Village, IL

Bob is right.

My suggestion is replace the battery.

Jay - Bike Friday Commuter in Schaumburg / Chicago

Old July 9th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
max

In article om,
" wrote:

I was on a ride today and just after I started the battery in my
computer died. I went to mapmyride.com and got an approximate distance
for the following but I was wondering if anyone had the exact distance
from:

Going south on the Fox River Trail you get off at the sign indicating
Silver Glen/Randall Trails (starting point). You exit the FRT and loop
around 31, cross it, take Silver Glen to Randall, Randall south to the
Leroy Oaks FP and you end up at the trail head for the Great Western
Trail (ending point).

If http://mapmyride.com works anything like gmaps pedometer
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/, you probably got fairly accurate numbers,
esp if you zoomed way in.

Gmap-pedometer really likes a broadband connection -- it's death on dialup.
It is a little more browser-nondenominational than mapmyride and it can map
paths from the satellite view, so you're not limited to street maps (dunno
if that's true of map my ride or not).

Sorry, but i don't have the exact distance for that stretch of FRT. When
you get it, post a map and mileage.

..max
Old July 10th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Everett

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:23:24 -0700, "
wrote:

I was on a ride today and just after I started the battery in my
computer died. I went to mapmyride.com and got an approximate distance
for the following but I was wondering if anyone had the exact distance
from:

Going south on the Fox River Trail you get off at the sign indicating
Silver Glen/Randall Trails (starting point). You exit the FRT and loop
around 31, cross it, take Silver Glen to Randall, Randall south to the
Leroy Oaks FP and you end up at the trail head for the Great Western
Trail (ending point).

Once you reached Leroy Oaks did you stay on the path or take the
driveway/road to cross Dean Street? It makes a difference.

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)

SYD: Bike Path closures mikeg[_4_] Australia 0 April 1st 07 07:34 AM
PER Raffles Bike Path Gumby Australia 0 January 1st 07 06:20 AM
PER: bike path re-opens DeF Australia 4 March 18th 06 01:39 AM
Deer Path Park Question Brian Mountain Biking 1 January 6th 06 01:00 AM
The Bike-Path Left Ken [NY) Social Issues 4 December 27th 03 05:41 AM