Secure storage Southampton

Old February 24th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Secure storage Southampton

Does anybody know of a place I could stash my folder near Southampton
railway station or St. Mary's?

Normally I'd take it with me but I'm off to a footie match and they
might take a dim view of trying to take a Birdy through the
turnstiles.

TIA
Old February 24th 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Phil Cook wrote:

Normally I'd take it with me but I'm off to a footie match and they
might take a dim view of trying to take a Birdy through the
turnstiles.

There are bike sheds at the ground. I know Southampton Airport Parkway
station has 5 or 6 bike lockers, don't know about So'ton Central.

Old February 24th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Bennett wrote:

Phil Cook wrote:

Normally I'd take it with me but I'm off to a footie match and they
might take a dim view of trying to take a Birdy through the
turnstiles.

There are bike sheds at the ground. I know Southampton Airport Parkway
station has 5 or 6 bike lockers, don't know about So'ton Central.

Cor! That was quick! I suppose given that there will be a plod
presence at the stadium my wheels should be safe there. I'll just have
to take two locks with me -- one for the wheels and frame and one for
the saddle. Any idea what kind of stands they have?

Old February 24th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Any idea what kind of stands they have?

All seating nowadays :-(
Old February 24th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Mark Thompson wrote:

Any idea what kind of stands they have?

All seating nowadays :-(

Ha ha! They will even have a Sheffield stand on Saturday :-) But it's
the 400 odd outside I'd like to know about.

Old February 24th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
Mark Thompson wrote:

Any idea what kind of stands they have?

All seating nowadays :-(

Ha ha! They will even have a Sheffield stand on Saturday :-) But it's
the 400 odd outside I'd like to know about.

They have some nice shiny Sheffield stands outside the mian entrance. Well
they did 3 weeks ago! Can' find out if Soton Central has left luggage but is
rum by Southern whose phone neumber is
08451 27 29 20

HTH

Julia

Old February 24th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
Does anybody know of a place I could stash my folder near Southampton
railway station or St. Mary's?

Normally I'd take it with me but I'm off to a footie match

A *real* masochist... (sp)

Old February 24th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Phil Cook wrote:
Does anybody know of a place I could stash my folder near Southampton
railway station or St. Mary's?

Normally I'd take it with me but I'm off to a footie match and they
might take a dim view of trying to take a Birdy through the
turnstiles.

TIA

Secure it at your station, sarf'ampton has a real problem with bike
theft and damaging what they can't steal....

Niel, who works in soton.

Old February 24th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

badger wrote:

Phil Cook wrote:
Does anybody know of a place I could stash my folder near Southampton
railway station or St. Mary's?

Secure it at your station, sarf'ampton has a real problem with bike
theft and damaging what they can't steal....

That is all well and good but I need it in Soton (I'm going somewhere
else after the game) and London has a reputation far worse...

I reckon the Sheffield stands outside the statium should be OK with
the plod presence.
Old February 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Phil Cook wrote:
That is all well and good but I need it in Soton (I'm going somewhere
else after the game) and London has a reputation far worse...

True, though st. marys (my families home area) was/is pretty rough, for
all the veneer....

I reckon the Sheffield stands outside the statium should be OK with
the plod presence.

I shall not comment.

Bike storage query Steve Hodgson UK 7 December 11th 05 07:25 PM
Unicycles needed in Southampton, UK! Loosemoose Unicycling 7 October 14th 05 05:22 PM
Storage soup UK 5 August 4th 05 09:46 PM
Secure external bike storage? Mark UK 5 March 22nd 04 06:54 PM
Secure Bike Parking.? M. Barbee General 14 January 6th 04 02:00 AM