Altering the subject line to match the topic

Old December 2nd 04, 10:10 PM
Simon Brooke

Default Altering the subject line to match the topic

Currently we've got a very high volume of traffic on the group, much of
which is troll baiting or wildly off-topic discussions. I've no to
thread drift, but given the volume could people please change the
subject line when the thread has drifted away from cycling topics?

Also, now we've got fox-hunting banned, don't you think we should
classify troll-baiting as a blood sport, and limit it to well-defined
troll-hunting preserves like alt.flame?

Simon, never guilty of troll-baiting. Well, /hardly/ ever...

'there are no solutions, only precipitates'

Old December 2nd 04, 11:54 PM
Jon Senior

Troll

Old December 3rd 04, 12:11 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:54:54 -0000, Jon Senior
jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
:

Troll

You are a Bad Man and you run a Bad Railway.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old December 3rd 04, 12:44 AM
Patrick Herring

Simon Brooke wrote:

| I've no to thread drift,

Is that like "This sentence no verb", or "If you find this sentence
confusing try changing one cabbage"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, I know I should change the Subject, but never let an opportunity
for self-reference go back ten words.

--
Patrick Herring, http://www.anweald.co.uk
Old December 3rd 04, 08:37 AM
David E. Belcher

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:54:54 -0000, Jon Senior
jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
:

Troll

You are a Bad Man and you run a Bad Railway.

Whilst you are the Rev. Awdry, and I claim my £5 ;-)

David E. Belcher
Old December 3rd 04, 05:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Patrick Herring
') wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:

| I've no to thread drift,

Is that like "This sentence no verb", or "If you find this sentence
confusing try changing one cabbage"? Inquiring minds want to know.

There was an objection in there, but it got lost in transit. Or maybe in
luton...

Yes, I know I should change the Subject, but never let an opportunity
for self-reference go back ten words.

AI .sig generator right on the money as usual!

There are no messages. The above is just a random stream of
bytes. Any opinion or meaning you find in it is your own creation.