Goddamm, Simoni is a tool

Old June 14th 05, 08:39 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Goddamm, Simoni is a tool

publicly blaming Cunego for his inability to win. Dude should look in
the mirror and work on his time trialing.

From:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n05/jun14news2

Cunego in doubt for the Tour

Damiano Cunego's presence at the Tour de France is looking increasingly
unlikely after he was diagnosed as getting mononucleosis in the second
half of April.

snipend

Old June 14th 05, 08:59 PM
Robert Chung

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n05/jun14news2

Brian alert! Brian alert! Bettini has stomach problems!

Old June 14th 05, 09:05 PM
Hunter

So, was he diagnosed in late April, or did he contract mono in late
April with a later date of diagnosis? If the former, what the hell was
he doing in the Giro? If the latter, how should Simoni have known
Cunego had mono?

Old June 15th 05, 12:18 AM
Rik Van Diesel

maybe he gave it to him.

RVD

Old June 15th 05, 01:25 AM
Bill C

From:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n05/jun14news2

Cunego in doubt for the Tour

Damiano Cunego's presence at the Tour de France is looking increasingly
unlikely after he was diagnosed as getting mononucleosis in the second
half of April.

snipend

Bitter old dog trying to keep the young one down. I thought Cunego did
as much as he could, given the circumstances, to support Simoni. I
agree this makes Simoni look like ****, now hopefully Cunego, who's the
future, keeps his mouth shuts and waits for his time, which is coming
soon.
Bill C

Old June 15th 05, 06:28 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

Hunter wrote:
So, was he diagnosed in late April, or did he contract mono in late
April with a later date of diagnosis? If the former, what the hell was
he doing in the Giro? If the latter, how should Simoni have known
Cunego had mono?

Dumbass -

Mono or no mono, it's lame to blame a teamate for your own failings.
It's all the worse now that it's known Cunego was sick.

Simoni lost because he can't time trial. Maybe that's Cunego's fault
too.

The thing for Simoni to do would be to follow Basso's example and do
100k/day on the TT bike. That won't happen though and next time Simoni
doesn't win, he'll blame something else. Everything but himself. God
forbid that.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old June 15th 05, 03:36 PM
Hunter

H. Dumbass Gringioni,

See my posts on what a dick I think Simoni is, I think he's a jerk. I
agree with your analysis of his performance. But unless you can show
that he knew Cunego had mono, why do you use this as reason to re-open
the issue?

C'mon you know this,
Hunter

Old June 15th 05, 04:40 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Hunter wrote:
H. Dumbass Gringioni,

See my posts on what a dick I think Simoni is, I think he's a jerk. I
agree with your analysis of his performance. But unless you can show
that he knew Cunego had mono, why do you use this as reason to re-open
the issue?

Dumbass -

The story puts an exclamation point on the lame-ness of Simoni's
blaming a teamate instead of recognizing his own shortcomings.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old June 16th 05, 05:19 PM
h squared

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

The story puts an exclamation point on the lame-ness of Simoni's
blaming a teamate instead of recognizing his own shortcomings.

dirtbag#2,

ok, i will give you a reply to your tool troll:

step back with me in time to before the giro. let's imagine that you
have won the race twice, and your young teammate won it convincingly
just last year. since he's young he should be getting even better, so
you may be thinking that your team has a great chance of dominating the
race. if you are both high up in the gc, then you can take turns
attacking in the mountains, trying to get others to burn themselves out
chasing you both down, etc.

but that doesn't happen. the boy wonder doesn't end up in contention for
the win. your team is beaten by a team that on paper looks weaker than
yours. you say that you were hoping for more help from a rider like last
year's winner, but it didn't happen. are you blaming your teammate, or
are you explaining where the team tactics didn't work out as planned?
later, you find out he had mono. does this mean your statements are
extra lame, or does it illustrate that he really wasn't living up to
expectations, and that you weren't making excuses up when you said you
were expecting more from him? of course, the boy wonder can't help that
he had mono, but it's been pointed out that how was simoni to know? (if
he did know, then yes, he is a tool imo too).

does it matter if we agree? (we probably agree on the answer to this one
:-) if he had done a basso like you suggest, it would have been good, but
on the other hand, it's a team sport, why disregard that when analyzing
a failure?
hh

Old June 16th 05, 07:11 PM
Frank Drackman

"h squared" wrote in message
, but on the other hand, it's a team sport, why disregard that when
analyzing
a failure?
hh

My problem with him in the Giro is that his team, and the other forces of
the race, put him into position to win. He was virtual pink with one
descent and one climb to go on the last meaniful stage. All he had to do
was fly down one pass and follow a wheel up one the next climb and he would
have had the GC locked. If you are a team leader at some point you have to
lead. He claims to be a great climber but he couldn't climb with Rujano,
even after DiLuca towed him up the second to last climb. I seems to me that
the most that you can ask of your team is to put you in position to win, and
his team did.

What BB tool to use? Fritz Techniques 3 March 24th 05 10:48 PM
FS: Park Tool Brake Third Hand Tool, $5 shipped Rob Barnes Marketplace 1 June 11th 04 03:11 AM
FA: Campagnolo Freewheel Tool Kit The Ink Company Marketplace 0 September 23rd 03 03:09 AM
Gift certificates, tool selection, toy selection [2nd try] Rick Onanian Techniques 11 September 18th 03 04:23 AM
mutant cassette lockring tool g.daniels Techniques 4 July 11th 03 04:38 PM