Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

Old June 30th 03, 03:39 AM
Eric S. Sande

Default Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

You say there is no middle ground. I say you're wrong.

I say you're full of it if you don't appreciate how the white man
is taking over our land, Sitting Bull.

I say that this is a war we can't win but we have to fight anyway.

I say we shouldn't surrender an inch of road or a piece of contact
patch without a fight.

I say we are being marginalized in the name of an auto society
and we need to wake up and smell the coffee.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old June 30th 03, 02:34 PM
Peter Signorini

"Bill Hamilton" wrote in message
.6...

I don't see how trails and bike paths are marginalizing bicycles.

Ever ridden n the roads in Canberra? Or do a search on accident data for
Stevenage UK the great bike path city. Most hazardous place to cycle in the
country.

They're giving cyclists alternatives to riding on the high-speed highways
that are just plain too dangerous for anyone without years of cycling
experience. Or, do you really want children puttering along next to the
fast cars and trucks?

Roads that have cyclists regularly riding on them (regular streets, not main
freeways and highways) teach drivers to be alert and aware of cyclists. Eg.
Amsterdam, and most European cities.

Cheers
Peter