MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

Old June 23rd 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default MORE OIL ! MORE MORE !

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75M44D20110623

The Obama administration was also concerned about how tight supplies
were ahead of peak demand in the summer, when many Americans drive for
vacations. Oil prices are a critical concern among voters and we
rising as the White House was gearing up for its reelection campaign.
Old June 23rd 11, 07:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75M44D20110623

The Obama administration was also concerned about how tight supplies
were ahead of peak demand in the summer, when many Americans drive for
vacations. Oil prices are a critical concern among voters and we
rising as the White House was gearing up for its reelection campaign.

Silly me, I thought a Strategic Oil Reserve was for
battleships and fighter planes in wartime. Turns out it's
just another election tool.

But hey we can always replace the cheap oil with new more
expensive oil later, right?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 23rd 11, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

AMuzi wrote:

kolldata wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...ama-idUSTRE75M...

The Obama administration was also concerned about how tight supplies
were ahead of peak demand in the summer, when many Americans drive for
vacations. Oil prices are a critical concern among voters and we
rising as the White House was gearing up for its reelection campaign.

Silly me, I thought a Strategic Oil Reserve was for
battleships and fighter planes in wartime. Turns out it's
just another election tool.

When we use warships and combat airplanes, we tend to **** people off
in oil-producing regions, complicating the market and raising
petroleum prices.

According to PNACish types, Bush's contrived military adventure in
Iraq was supposed to secure a healthy supply of cheap oil under US
control. How's that been working out?

Obama's real failure of responsibility vis-a-vis energy policy has
been refusing to meaningfully raise efficiency standards or taxes on
oil, either of which would lead to increased conservation and lower
emissions and prices-- *before* prices force us to do the same thing
with more pain and more destructive effects upon the economy.

Chalo
Old June 23rd 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 6/23/2011 2:17 PM, AMuzi wrote:
kolldata wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75M44D20110623

The Obama administration was also concerned about how tight supplies
were ahead of peak demand in the summer, when many Americans drive for
vacations. Oil prices are a critical concern among voters and we
rising as the White House was gearing up for its reelection campaign.

Silly me, I thought a Strategic Oil Reserve was for battleships and
fighter planes in wartime. Turns out it's just another election tool.

No, it's not. It was create in the 70's to deal with supply
interruptions. It has been routinely used for that purpose. It's not a
specifically military reserve.

But hey we can always replace the cheap oil with new more expensive oil
later, right?

There has been increasing evidence that the big price run up before the
2008 crash was caused by speculation. The Arab Spring and normal summer
demand seemed like a ripe opportunity for speculators (and OPEC members)
to goose the market. The US apparently put up only half of the 60M
barrels (the rest was put up by other IEA members). We currently have
almost 600M in the reserve, so the actual amount was about 5%. Not much
of a dent in the reserve, but enough to scare the speculators, perhaps.

The fact that the both the oil industry and Iran (not to mention the
Republicans) were upset about it kind of gave me the impression that it
was a smart move. We may or may not pay more to replenish the reserve,
but if the speculators and OPEC have their way, we'd definitely be
paying more this summer.

Old June 24th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn °_°[_2_]

On 6/23/2011 3:04 PM, Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:
[...]
According to PNACish types, Bush's contrived military adventure in
Iraq was supposed to secure a healthy supply of cheap oil under US
control. How's that been working out?[...]

The war in Iraq achieved the primary goal set by the US government in
Tel Aviv, which was to destroy Iraq's remaining economic and military
power, without costing Israeli lives or money.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 24th 11, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

"According to PNACish types, Bush's contrived military adventure in
Iraq was supposed to secure a healthy supply of cheap oil under US
control."

Wrong. There were two primary reasons why the U.S. went into Iraq,
which you will never hear from the lamestream liberal media:

1. Saddam Hussein had been making public statements for years in which
he claimed to have weapons of mass destruction. After listening to his
claims for years and years, the U.S. had no choice but to take them
seriously. We would have continued to ignore his claims at our peril.
Unfortunately, he was lying about it in order to intimidate Iran, but
we had no way of knowing that and had to protect ourselves,
particularly after 9-11.

2. Saddam trained the 9-11 terrorist pilots using 747 flight
simulators that were stolen from Kuwait when Iraq invaded that
country, so it was only logical to assume that he had sponsored the
terrorists.
Old June 24th 11, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn °_°[_2_]

On 6/23/2011 9:46 PM, Bill wrote:
"According to PNACish types, Bush's contrived military adventure in
Iraq was supposed to secure a healthy supply of cheap oil under US
control."

Wrong. There were two primary reasons why the U.S. went into Iraq,
which you will never hear from the lamestream liberal media:

Mr. Bill has listened to way to much right-wing propaganda. If the
Zio-Con owned US mass media is liberal, I am a camel.

1. Saddam Hussein had been making public statements for years in which
he claimed to have weapons of mass destruction. After listening to his
claims for years and years, the U.S. had no choice but to take them
seriously. We would have continued to ignore his claims at our peril.

Oh BS. The CIA and DOD knew full well that Iraq had no remaining
program for chemical, biological or nuclear weapons since the UN
inspectors had all but a few remnants lost in the fog of the 1991 Gulf
War destroyed or under seal and observation by 1995. The Cheney/Bush
administration rushed to war in March 2003, to prevent the UN
inspections from showing the US/UK/Mossad claims were false.

In addition, with Iraq allowing the UN full access in early 2003 under
the threat of US military intervention, there would have been no way for
Iraq to keep such programs hidden or running as long as the inspections
were continued.

Unfortunately, he was lying about it in order to intimidate Iran, but
we had no way of knowing that and had to protect ourselves,
particularly after 9-11.

That was false information about the three (3) ARMSCOR nuclear warheads
that were transferred from South Africa to the "control" of the UK, and
then "allegedly" stolen while being stored in Oman. However, one (1) of
these warheads was the "successful" North Korean nuclear "test", as the
signature of that explosion matched that of the 1979 Vela Incident
nuclear explosion.

The fate of the remaining two (2) ARMSCOR warheads is officially
unaccounted for, but circumstantial evidence indicates Mossad or CIA
control.

Valerie Plame was getting too close to the truth, so her career had to
be destroyed, with the "Niger yellowcake uranium to Iraq" being nothing
more than a cover story.

2. Saddam trained the 9-11 terrorist pilots using 747 flight
simulators that were stolen from Kuwait when Iraq invaded that
country, so it was only logical to assume that he had sponsored the
terrorists.

Oh please. It is well known that the 11/09/2001 (European date
convention) attacks were controlled demolitions with the aircraft for
show [1], and that the whole thing was a false flag attack. The
corruption runs so deep in the government and media, that no one in an
official position is willing to tell the truth, for fear of being
branded insane, and/or liquidated.

Since they have gotten away with this for almost 10 years now, the next
false flag attack may well lead to an non-winnable US conventional war
against Iran and Pakistan, and/or a nuclear WW3 of the US against 1.3
billion Muslims. Either way, the US economy and remaining political
freedoms will be flushed down the drain, with a state resembling
Colombia as the end result. Meanwhile, the few hundred international
financiers responsible will be partying it up in Zurich or Monaco.

[1] Unfortunately, someone did not get the right orders, and the plane
intended for WTC 7 went down in a field in Pennsylvania due to NORAD
interception, but the building had to be blown to prevent the demolition
explosives from being uncovered, which would have lead to unpleasant
questions being asked.

Old June 24th 11, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Tºm Shermªn °_° wrote:

Oh please. It is well known that the 11/09/2001 (European date
convention) ....

Why not yyyy-mm-dd?

--
JS.
Old June 24th 11, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

Thanks, Tom, for demonstrating more convincingly than I could ever
have done, that you are nothing but a kook conspiracy theorist.
Old June 25th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn °_°

On 6/24/2011 6:48 AM, William "Gullible Bill" Crowell wrote:
Thanks, Tom, for demonstrating more convincingly than I could ever
have done, that you are nothing but a kook conspiracy theorist.

Delusional is believing the right-wing pundits and commentators,
corporate mainstream media and government, after their *proven* track
record of lying about everything of importance.

Why do a majority of USians and 80% to 90% of people in other countries
believe 11/09/2001 was a false flag attack, and the Conquests of
Afghanistan and Iraq were based on lies? Are over 4/5 of the people in
the world kook conspiracy theorists?

Mr. Crowell is more the kook conspiracy theorist for believing Iraq was
a threat to the US in 2003, and Iraq was involved in the 11/09/2001
attacks. Furthermore, he is seriously out of touch with reality for
believing that the mainstream US media is liberal. Or he is simply an
ideologist who ignores facts for "gut feelings".