TdF SBS broadcast from Restaurant July 18

Old July 2nd 04, 12:30 AM
flyingdutch

Default TdF SBS broadcast from Restaurant July 18

TOUR de FRANCE NIGHT All welcome!!! Sunday July 18 (Stage 14 -
Carcassonne - Nimes) Licciardo's Restaurant Mt Eliza Way Mt Eliza $45
per person includes 3-course dinner plus ... bottom-less coffee &
nibbles to see you through the evening Dinner from 8pm - bookings are
essential contact Rob Licciardo on 9787 7710 Guest Speakers John Kennedy
& Terry Hammond SBS Television will broadcast live from Licciardo's
Restaurant and will include special interviews with diners!

Old July 2nd 04, 12:45 AM
hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch SBS Television will broadcast live
from Licciardo's Restaurant and will include special interviews
with diners!

Woo! Now's my chance for that 15 seconds of fame...

hippy
- not actually going ;-)

Old July 2nd 04, 01:15 AM
cfsmtb

mfhor wrote:
He won't be plugging his infallible money back guaranteed fitting
program will he? No, I thought not.
MH

Of course not.

Old July 2nd 04, 01:15 AM
mfhor

flyingdutch wrote:
Guest Speakers John Kennedy & Terry Hammond SBS Television will
broadcast live from Licciardo's Restaurant and will include special
interviews with diners! ........................................

Oh joy. Dinner with John Kennedy (along with other local wannabe cycling
luminaries), and having to pay for the privilege. Who says that
successful cyclists have to have big egos to succeed?

Old July 2nd 04, 02:26 AM
flyingdutch

mfhor wrote:
Old roadies never die, they just ride their races in reverse. And make
sure we hear all about them, and how experienced they are, in all types
of cycling, and can help you be as successful as they were, as long as
you buy all your (second-hand, only raced two Spring Classics seasons)
stuff off them, and trust them implicitly, and act as mini-domestique,
praise their name to all and sundry, wear their shop clothing purchased
at full price, put up with their technical malfeasance on new products
installed by intellectually underresourced employees hired for their low-wage-
demand rather than their skill, and then be treated to the effusive good
manners and bonhomie of the shop training bunch when you puncture, drop
them on a hill, or dare to question whose turn it is to get the lattes.
M "possums stirring, fish biting yet?" H
BTW, before a tirade of abuse arrives from said intellectually
underresourced employees, I have walked amongst you, and you know which
select few you are.

Very amusing. Always thought I'd love to work in a bikeshop (or better
yet own one). The amazed are-you-deranged? look i got from said under-
resourced employee set me straight fairly quickly

Will people at that dinner jostle for position to the
buffet/coffee/toilets? Yell "car-back' when the dinner is coming thru or
just stay head down and not acknowledge each other.

Interesting reading the comments re Kennedy. I have seen/heard nothing
but bad fits/wierd geometry from people who own them

Old July 2nd 04, 02:27 AM
jcjordan

flyingdutch wrote:
TOUR de FRANCE NIGHT All welcome!!! Sunday July 18 (Stage 14 -
Carcassonne - Nimes) Licciardo's Restaurant Mt Eliza Way Mt Eliza $45
per person includes 3-course dinner plus ... bottom-less coffee &
nibbles to see you through the evening Dinner from 8pm - bookings are
essential contact Rob Licciardo on 9787 7710 Guest Speakers John Kennedy
& Terry Hammond SBS Television will broadcast live from Licciardo's
Restaurant and will include special interviews with diners!

I am orginising a dinner with a few mates. take some time off and ride
like hell during the day and dinner and a show at night.

Old July 4th 04, 09:15 AM
ProfTournesol

flyingdutch wrote:
Interesting reading the comments re Kennedy. I have seen/heard nothing
but bad fits/wierd geometry from people who own them

well, sorry to break the mould, but I had a great fit - weird geometry
but it suits my weird body geometry! I imagine that no single system
will suit everyone.

Old July 4th 04, 11:45 PM
mfhor

ProfTournesol wrote:
well, sorry to break the mould, but I had a great fit - weird geometry
but it suits my weird body geometry! I imagine that no single system
will suit everyone.

Suits some people - but what sticks in my craw is that he promotes
its infallibility - it is scientific, so it must work. Show us the
data points, show us the method, and let peer review, like any
other scientific endeavour, analyse, judge and decide its good bits
and bad bits.

The way I have heard it talked about is similar to the black magic
school of wheel building - secret knowledge jealously guarded by the
cognoscenti, and high fees demanded for its vouchsafing. It's not. It's
only a idiosyncratic refinement of what a lot of people have been doing
for a long time. "Commercial in confidence", so beloved of right wing
politicians and businessmen, has no place in such a democratic form of
movement as the bicycle.

M "My 2c, x 50 = $1.00" H