van Moorsel Concussion?

Old August 19th 04, 01:59 AM
B. Lafferty

Default van Moorsel Concussion?

From CyclingNews:

Zijlaard-van Moorsel finished the race with "a terrible headache" that came
on about 10km into the race, and aching all over from her injuries. The
discomfort clearly showed at the finish. "It was tears of joy and pain at
the same time, she said. "Especially the last 10 kilometers of the race were
very painful.

It was reported that she blacked out momentarily after the rr crash. It
seems she's suffering a concussion. Lets hope she's better when pursuit time
comes along.

Old August 19th 04, 06:15 AM
Sierraman

From: "B. Lafferty"

It was reported that she blacked out momentarily after the rr crash. It
seems she's suffering a concussion. Lets hope she's better when pursuit

time
comes along.

I am really glad that she was successful and I hope that she does well on

the
track. It's just unfortunate that, as Bruce pointed out, it seems Bessette

hit
the ground really hard and it showed.
Bill C

Yeah, I had to pull away for a while from my olympic obsession as a forest
fire was within a half mile away, with the wind blowing in my direction on a
hot day. We would told to gather our things and leave the area. I jumped on
my mountian bike and went over there to take some photo of the big chinook
copters dropping those huge buckets on the fire but the batteries in my
digital camera went dead. All of a sudden I saw a wall of flames coming my
way so I headed back to the house to start packing. After a lot of nervous
waiting, Sierraman house survived the inferno and I didn't have to leave. A
army of planes and copters were able to stop it just short of us. Now the
fire crews are doing cleanup and it smells like smoke around here,
especially in my swamp cooler. Now that things are somewhat back to normal,
I am sorry to hear she had the concussion. You might be interested to know
that this makes the 4th concussion for Van Moorsel. In her previous crashes
she always lands on her head! Ouchie! I am watching the TT now on NBC, I
just barely made it in time, since I had my stuff packed to leave. Glad that
is over, 4th major fire here in a 10 mile radius and I hope the last. Those
California fires!!

Can't wait for the track now!