Congratulations Guys

Old November 12th 20, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Congratulations Guys

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 16:36:15 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

So it is too much trouble to look for the paper that triggered
that article?
https://www.thermofisher.com/us/en/home/clinical/public-health/coronavirus-sars-cov-2-research-solutions/epidemiological-research.html

Thanks. The original article I posted:
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-san-diego-carlsbad-rapid-sequencing-covid-19-strains/509-d8e48980-311b-4dd5-ae86-6ffd595d7785
had no link to the TermoFisher article. I was busy chain sawing and
box shuffling today and didn't have time to look. I did make a fast
search of the site, but failed to find it under "Epidemiological
Research Solutions". Besides, I'm not responsible for finding
articles which YOU cited in your reply giving only the date as a clue.
Is there a reason why you expect me to find articles for you to prove
your points?

Incidentally, you didn't bother answering any of my questions. You'll
find the questions in my posting just before every question mark. Not
to worry. I didn't expect any answers.

So you understand that peer review is for new and unproven science?
It is a second take on the quality of the paper. This does NOT apply
to proven science using standard instruments.

Just about everything on Covid-19 is new, except perhaps summary and
review articles. I did a very quick skim of requirements for peer
review in scholarly and medical journals. Oddly, I couldn't find any
journal that states that articles on "proven science using standard
instruments" do not require a peer review for publication. Could I
trouble you for a link to any science or medical journal that supports
your point of view?
"How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals"
https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php

Well, direct hire to company officials ALWAYS read the entire
resume and made up their minds by actual knowledge instead of
short cuts.

Of course. If you are able to bypass the human resources and staffing
departments of a company, you can probably do whatever you want
including 14 page resumes. However, in my limited experience, hiring
someone at any level involves a consensus of management on the hiring.
I suppose some positions, such as executive assistant, can be done
with only a single managers or executives approval. However most
technical hiring involves multiple interviews with those the
prospective employee will be working.

While I might be interested in taking an interesting job they come
looking for me and not I, them. I have been asked to take jobs in
most states except New York and California. These are the states now
in which you are required to have a degree and not whether you can
do something or not. That NASA job in Pasadena was probably because
I did past work for NASA that worked very well.

I know of no California law that requires a university diploma to work
as a programmer. I assume that you're not talking about licensed or
registered professional engineer, which does require passing the PE
test for engineering professions that involve public safety.
https://www.nspe-ca.org

Perhaps you're thinking of taking a programming language certification
class and exam, and received a certificate? For example:
CPP - C++ Certified Professional Programmer Certification
https://cppinstitute.org/cpp-c-certified-professional-programmer
Your prospective employer may require certificates of this sort, but
those are not specific to any state. As a clue, there's no such thing
as a Certified Public Programmer in California.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old November 12th 20, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Jeff, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. I do not see anything new about covid-19 since it, in various forms has been the cause of millions of deaths around the world since 1925. This is the H1N1 Sars 2 virus.

Congratulations to... Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 0 September 9th 09 04:42 PM
Congratulations to... Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 17 September 9th 09 04:21 AM
No congratulations for you! tom Mountain Biking 4 November 10th 06 04:09 PM
Congratulations PB David Martin UK 8 February 1st 06 03:59 PM
Congratulations jsm UniBrier Unicycling 12 April 12th 05 06:07 PM