New Tyres

Old October 9th 05, 04:33 AM
Tin weasel

Default New Tyres

Getting to the point where ill prolly upgrade the stock tyres that came
with
my OCR Zero. I'm still using the standard wheels also at the moment,
however I'll more than likely look at upgrading them in the near future.
I was wondering about Conti GP3000's (or maybe some 4000's), however a
couple of people who I know who have been cycling for a long time wrinkled
their noses a little at the conti's .. Another option would be Michelin
pro 2's .. Most of my riding so far has been casual 20-100km rides, doing
100-250km/week

Anyone got any suggestions/feedback regarding this?

Less is definitely more in this case.
Sure both tyres you mention are fantastic race tyres, but in reality they
are overkill for the riding you are doing.
Look at the Maxxis Refuse or similar Kevlar belted high mileage tyres.
You will get much better bang for buck running these, especially if you
start to increase your weekly distance as you ramp up training.
The extra $$ would be better put toward a second set of wheels.
It's also a pity that the LBS that sold the bike to you didn't mention this
as you were handing your money over.
For an extra $60 you wouldn't be looking to replace your tyres yet, and
you'd have a brand new set of Michelin Pro Race in the top drawer waiting to
be raced on this summer.

TW

What’s has green tyres & is really cool? Marx SS Australia 11 September 27th 05 01:31 PM
Flat spot on tyres Peka Australia 24 September 22nd 05 08:23 AM
Tubeless Tyres James Grabowski UK 9 May 15th 05 01:15 PM
road tyres geepeetee General 3 July 28th 04 10:41 AM
20mm vs 23mm tyres Dave Australia 4 December 28th 03 11:49 AM