Aborted RR: an attempt to get to Murarrie

Old March 11th 06, 04:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Aborted RR: an attempt to get to Murarrie

Hi all,

Was very excited about my 2006 crit debut out at Murarrie this morning.
Spent last night swapping my cassette, tubes & tyres over to my new (to
me!) set of wheels... Only took me 40 minutes to do (during the first
half of Tigers v Dragons), which was Ok for me!!

Woke up this morning - quick PB and Jam on multigrain sanger - then to
the laundry to grab the bike. Flat front tyre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn - must be a pinch flat from the change last night. So off with the
tube, on with a new tube. I might still make it - I figure I have about
15min of tyre changing time up my sleeve.

Oh no!! Go to pump up the tyre and the valve stem isn't long
enough!!!!! And I have no more 'long valve' tubes!! So - off with the
tyre, and wrestle it back onto the OLD front wheel. Then whack the tube
onto that, and madly pump the thing up.

Finally get to Murarrie - about 10 minutes AFTER race start....

Oh well - maybe next week!!

BTW - saw Paulie-au there. He looked like he was doing it easy, and
nearly snagged the prime, but was held out to 2nd place. There was a
good 4-5 bike lengths between him and 3rd though!!

Cheers all,
Abby

Old March 11th 06, 05:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

PHP code:
--------------------

--------------------
Absent Husband Wrote:
Hi all,

Finally get to Murarrie - about 10 minutes AFTER race start....

Abby

PHP code:

I was taking my daughters to netball at MacGregor (8.30am start) and I
saw you cresting one (of the many) roller on creek Road - the last set
of lights before you pass the Metropol on the left. Now that I think
of it, you didn't look too happy

--
monsterman