LITTLE PUNKS or Good Citizen

Old August 18th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

Default LITTLE PUNKS or Good Citizen

Seager wrote:
I didn't mention any specific ages because people mature at different
rates, but we were all "young" and "immature" at some age in our pasts.
Even you! *gasp*

Oh, don't I know it...some of the stuff I thought was funny when I was
younger is some of the dumbest stuff (many embarassing stories,
too)....and I'm sure I'll think the same thing when I'm your age

Nice try though

Hypocrite might not have been the best word...I was saying, if you were
so offended by people assuming you were something bad (immature,
selfish, rude, anything) just because you were young, isn't it a little
unfair to do the same thing? I know people mature as they age, and I
know I'm not done maturing....but if you group all the young people on
the forums together in one group, you do the same thing.

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

THE dave wrote:
walruses are awesome... they just chill with their tusks and stuff...

sobriquet wrote:
If this joke were a sandwich it would be the wurst.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Old August 18th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

monkeyman wrote:
Oh, don't I know it...some of the stuff I thought was funny when I was
younger is some of the dumbest stuff (many embarassing stories,
too)....and I'm sure I'll think the same thing when I'm your age

You speak as if we're mature now.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

trials_uni wrote:
Ha Quebec...Is that place still there?

dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old August 18th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

monkeyman wrote:
....but if you group all the young people on the forums together in one
group, you do the same thing.

You make a good point. And not every young person who saw this thread
responded with anger, I'm sure. I'd bet most just moved on. I doubt
it made any young people really eager to help him out, however. If he
hadn't used name calling he would have probably been alright.

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old August 18th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

dudewithasock wrote:
You speak as if we're mature now.

....can you read?

seager wrote:
You make a good point. And not every young person who saw this thread
responded with anger, I'm sure. I'd bet most just moved on. I doubt it
made any young people really eager to help him out, however. If he
hadn't used name calling he would have probably been alright.

So do you. It certainly didn't make me want to help him. But notice
how I didn't immediately jump don his throat cussing.

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

Old August 18th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Seager wrote:
You make a good point. And not every young person who saw this thread
responded with anger, I'm sure. I'd bet most just moved on. I doubt
it made any young people really eager to help him out, however. If he
hadn't used name calling he would have probably been alright.

Just in case you didn't read my post in another thread about "Jones
Law". You really think this guy's for real? Why then, I ask you,
would this supposedly mature, concerned adult have the following
acronym (Very obvious) at the end of one of his recent reply posts?:
TYUASIUYFA Do you know what he is saying here? "*T*ake *Y*our
*U*nicycle *A*nd *S*tick *I*t *U*p *Y*our *F*U####g *A*## If the guy
*is* for real, then he has lost ALL credibility (If he had any to start
with!) with that kind of juvenile vulgarity. He certainly does not get
my respect.

_Anyone_ who gives *any* credence to "jones law" (real deal or not)
should seriously think twice after reading that!

--
MuniAddict

Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through.

Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.

Old August 18th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

MuniAddict wrote:
Just in case you didn't read my post in another thread about "Jones
Law". You really think this guy's for real? Why then, I ask you,
would this supposedly mature, concerned adult have the following
acronym (Very obvious) at the end of one of his recent reply posts?:
TYUASIUYFA Do you know what he is saying here? "*T*ake *Y*our
*U*nicycle *A*nd *S*tick *I*t *U*p *Y*our *F*U####g *A*## If the guy
*is* for real, then he has lost ALL credibility (If he had any to start
with!) with that kind of juvenile vulgarity. He certainly does not get
my respect.

_Anyone_ who gives *any* credence to "jones law" (real deal or not)
should seriously think twice after reading that!

Regardless of his tactics he still makes a valid point in his initial
post.

--
ThisGuyIKnow
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

Old August 18th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

im gonna go uni on private property. than im gonna go grind some
handrails and dig my pedals into a planter bed. sounds good. be back
in about an hour.

--
manon1wheel

Amgallacher: hi, im amanda, im skinny and i ride a unicycle, wanna go
out sometime?
need some new gear? Go to '661' (www.sixsixone.com) for some of the
best gear around!
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old August 19th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

monkeyman wrote:
....can you read?

Yes. Yes I can.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

Old August 19th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
burjzyntski

I've seen some of Hitlers drawings and must say that they could easily
be mistaken for photographs of the era.

Frank,
I hope you talk to these kids next time you see them riding around;
maybe introduce yourself and explain your position. I'm willing to bet
that they will understand and discontinue riding there. I stopped
riding in my schools parking lot after a security guard explained to me
that it was considered a bicycle, and bikes weren't allowed on campus.
I wasn't doing any damage, just riding in circles, showing people that
it's not just for clowns.

I'm glad to see that you've been moved by what some people have said
and are considering giving these punks a second chance. It's good,
also, to know that you can relate to some of these kids that are
doing/might have to do time for their mistakes (and after realizing
that b&e meant breaking and entering, it's even more respectable that
you can look back and see the mistakes you've made). You know what
jail/detention centers are like, and I'm sure you don't want to have to
put anybody there that you don't have to (you even stated that calling
the cops would be bad for your image).

No hard feelings, and I'll be sure to think twice about riding in
places other than trails, playgrounds, and my neighborhood.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we don't want this sport to
be considered that of hooligans'.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

"In summary: You want to make sure your Koxx is hard enough before you
start drilling."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

LITTLE PUNKS or Good Citizen jones law Unicycling 201 August 22nd 06 07:47 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM