Tour of Australia

Old August 29th 03, 07:52 AM
abcd

Default Tour of Australia

Hi everyone,
My name is Francesco I'm Italian. In december me and my friends we would
like to do a fantastic tour of south Australia (Sydney-Perth).
I've some question for you.

Is it true that helmet is compulsory?

Could you suggest me some Australian site on these type of tour?

Thank you very much indeed.

Francesco.

P.S. The dreams become reality sometimes!

Old August 29th 03, 10:13 AM
Sting

"abcd" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone,
My name is Francesco I'm Italian. In december me and my friends we would
like to do a fantastic tour of south Australia (Sydney-Perth).
I've some question for you.

Is it true that helmet is compulsory?

Could you suggest me some Australian site on these type of tour?

Thank you very much indeed.

Francesco.

P.S. The dreams become reality sometimes!

Hi Francesco,

Yes - Cycle helmets are compulsory.

As for your second question, I'm not sure whether you mean Web Sites
detailing cycle touring in Oz or some of our tourist sites that you can
visit on your trip. If you clarify this, I'm sure someone will be able to
help.

Sting.

Old August 29th 03, 11:36 AM
K&C Russell

"abcd" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone,
My name is Francesco I'm Italian. In december me and my friends we would
like to do a fantastic tour of south Australia (Sydney-Perth).
I've some question for you.

Is it true that helmet is compulsory?

Could you suggest me some Australian site on these type of tour?

Thank you very much indeed.

Francesco.

P.S. The dreams become reality sometimes!

Francesco,

Big challenge! Try http://www.jub.com.au/books/productlist/3645/3645.html
for the reverse trip Perth to Sydney. Could be worth purchasing, if you can
get it sent to Italy. Good Luck

Kevin

Old September 2nd 03, 12:46 PM
22rev

K&C Russell wrote:
"abcd" wrote in message news:dLC3b.273071$lK4.8467587@-
twister1.libero.itnews:dLC3b.273071$lK4.8467587@tw ister1.libero.it...
Hi everyone, My name is Francesco I'm Italian. In december me and my
friends we would like to do a fantastic tour of south Australia
(Sydney-Perth). I've some question for you.

Is it true that helmet is compulsory?

Could you suggest me some Australian site on these type of tour?

Thank you very much indeed.

Francesco.

P.S. The dreams become reality sometimes!

Francesco,
you could also try
http://users.chariot.net.au/~gloria/...html#Nullarbor for
info on sections of the trip. There is also other general info on
tourng in Oz.
Kevin

mlhttp://www.jub.com.au/books/productlist/3645/3645.html for the reverse

Old September 2nd 03, 04:55 PM
Andy G

sounds very challenging.
there is usually ~200km between stops (dwellings) on the nullarbor plain
between south and west australia..
it is very flat. check to see which way the prevailing wind blows that time
of year.
take water.

Old September 3rd 03, 03:26 AM
Paulie

I've heard Perth to Sydney is easier than the other direction.

4 guys in my club rode it a few months back. You might find out how they
went by searching www.waratahvcc.asn.au I'm not sure if they documented
their journey

There is also a magazine published by bicycling NSW. They has a recent
article about a guy who holds the record for circumnavigating Australia. Try
and see if they can get you a back issue.
Good luck!