Chain cleaning solvents

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 4th 07, 09:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default Chain cleaning solvents

On Apr 4, 9:55 am, suzyj
wrote:
Hi guys,

I used to use kerosene to clean my chains, but it became shockingly
expensive (nobody had it at the bowser anymore)

Wow, it sounds like you use a lot. Is this in a bike shop? I keep my
chains pretty clean, doing about 300 km/week on two bikes and cleaning
every 2-3 weeks. I would only use about 50ml each time, applied with a
brush and/or chain cleaner. One bottle of kero from the supermarket
lasts me months. The cost is insignificant.

Donga

Yet another chain cleaning tip Gary Smiley Techniques 11 October 17th 06 09:01 PM
chain cleaning TomCAt General 54 September 16th 05 04:00 AM
CHAIN CLEANING the best way? Polly Techniques 55 May 18th 05 10:38 PM
Chain Cleaning kwa_zulu Australia 4 January 4th 05 11:36 PM
Chain cleaning Alan Walker Australia 1 December 2nd 04 09:47 AM