Laos Unicycle Tour 2006- OXFAM Charity Challenge

Old December 27th 05, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Laos Unicycle Tour 2006- OXFAM Charity Challenge

Come on people, I'm losing. Sponsor me and I'll send you a
unicyclist.com T-shirt... yes, that means I'll need to get more printed
up. I'll actually have a very good reason to have to get more printed
up now.

- Gilby

ps. If you donate 5 figures, I'll ride a 24". 6 figures, well, I'll
ride anything you want through Laos.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old December 29th 05, 01:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey folks!

Stand up to the plate for the people of Laos and our fellow
unicyclists! Make a donation!! Every little bit counts!

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

Old January 6th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Melton still leads. Melton rules. Who's willing to step up to the plate
to try to bring this heavy-hitter down? It can't be done.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old January 16th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well, now the countdown has really begun. Yesterday, the 6 California
riders had a great time. 5 of us did our last training ride. Photos are
he http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1128700 Rob actually took off
for Thailand (and a little side trip to Vietnam). The rest of us leave
Thursday and will meet up with everyone in Chang Rai on Sunday and
cross into Laos next Monday.

This will be the first tour I'm going on where I'm not the oldest rider
and it will be the first tour for Beau where he's not the youngest
rider! Read about everyone going he
http://www.laosunitour.org/riders.htm You might also be interesting in
the equipment pages which show lots of photos of the unicycles the
various riders are bringing:
http://www.laosunitour.org/equipment_set-up.htm

If you feel like supporting Oxfam for this charity ride, please donate
he http://www.unicycle.co.nz/View.php?action=Donate - donate for any
rider or the whole group!

Thanks,
Nathan

PS Greg, someone had to take Melton down, so I did.

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old January 16th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

nathan wrote:

PS Greg, someone had to take Melton down, so I did.

Dang. When are you taking off? Let's see what you can do about
retaliation when you're in the air. HA!

Old January 17th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Is anyone else having trouble with the laos unitour website?

--
ntappin

Old January 17th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yes it seems unreliable today. One person told me she had trouble using
the donation page and I've seen some of the other pages work
intermittantly. I've sent email to Ken and Tony who run it. A couple of
people have successfully donated today though. Sorry for the troubles.

---Nathan

Old January 17th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yep, it looks like as we get closer to the tour we are getting close to
exceeding the traffic quota. Looks like I'll have to upgrade from
freehosting. Will have it sorted tonight- sorry for the inconvenience

--
GizmoDuck

'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
'Laos Unicycle Tour' (http://www.laosunitour.org)
'New Zealand Unicycle Federation' (http://www.unicycle.org.nz)

"It's not a unicycle ride if it's less than 30km." - note to self

Old January 17th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh, and it seems to work better with Opera and IE. I can't get it to
load on my
Firefox, but the other browsers seem to work fine.

Old January 18th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The only problem I have (edit: had) with firefox is the riders page, at
the bottom the last three or four unicyclists are all bunched together.

and you guys seem to have fixed that for me now.

--
ntappin