Laos Unicycle Tour 2006- OXFAM Charity Challenge

Old February 3rd 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Laos Unicycle Tour 2006- OXFAM Charity Challenge

Hello Buffalo

|Filename: Day4 204.JPG |

GizmoDuck

'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)
'Laos Unicycle Tour' (http://www.laosunitour.org)
'New Zealand Unicycle Federation' (http://www.unicycle.org.nz)

"It's not a unicycle ride if it's less than 30km." - note to self

Old February 3rd 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well the tour is over and it was awesome awesome awesome other than
Ken's accident. This afternoon 12 of us are going to cross back into
Thailand and take a night train for 11 hours to Bangkok. So the party
can continue! There are so many highlights to the trip that I don't
even know where to start, but the best thing was how well the group got
on and the amazing Lao people. We actually had sore arms from waving so
much. Only occasionally scary (when passing guys carrying AK-47s) but
all in all a fantastic experience. I am really looking forward to
getting back and going through all my photos. I took about 2.5GB on my
new DSLR and more than 1GB on my "riding camera". Just about everyone
had a camera - Rob as usual was the non-digital hold-out - after he
dropped his digital from an elephant and destroyed it. I think he shot
something like 34 rolls of film. Elephant riding, a 60km ride with 50km
on rough dirt, climbing 1800m in a day, yelling "Sabaidee!!!!!"
hundreds and hundreds of times. Being cheered on in every village.
Riding with Thomas and Jesper. Swimming in the Tham Chang cave. Beau's
birthday cake in Vang Vieng. Enjoying many Beer Laos. And enjoying this
with my whole family! Unitouring has to be the absolute best way to see
a country.

This was the first tour where we had a paid guide and Jason of
Grasshopper Adventures was perfect. He dealt with everything so
professionally. And he can ride a unicycle! He promises to be
unicycling for the next tour. I for one will be there.

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old May 17th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

This is your last chance to have a look at the website:
www.laosunitour.org
The domain expires on 20 May, after which I will probably put it on my
website as a subdomain (if I get around to it).

If you haven't followed any of the unitours, have a look at our tour
blog and photos to see how much fun we had. And keep March 2008 free
for The Uninam tour!

Ken

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!!

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 17th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nathan

Ken, thanks for hosting this great site for so long. If you could move
it to a subdomain and post the new URL here that would be great for
those of us who link it. Certainly www.unitours.org would like to
continue linking to that site. It was such a great tour other than your
accident, let's keep all that around for historical purposes at least.

Thanks,
Nathan

--
nathan
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

nathan wrote:
Ken, thanks for hosting this great site for so long. If you could move
it to a subdomain and post the new URL here that would be great for
those of us who link it. Certainly www.unitours.org would like to
continue linking to that site. It was such a great tour other than your
accident, let's keep all that around for historical purposes at least.

Thanks,
Nathan

Ok, that's now done. It's on the Adventure Unicyclist website, which
is currently under construction as general Unicycle
Touring/Muni/Adventure website.

www.lut.adventureunicyclist.com

Enjoy!

Ken

--
GizmoDuck

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details. www.induni.adventureunicyclist.com
The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net
The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org