Alloy version of Magura HS33 TPA knob *EXISTS*!

Old March 5th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madc-ccc

Default Alloy version of Magura HS33 TPA knob *EXISTS*!

Hi there,

I'm sure we are quite a few relying on the TPA (Turbo Pad-wear
Adjuster) knob of the Magura HS33 brake to ease the pain in the legs
while going down steep downhill paths.

Well, I personally have killed a few knobs (the thread, actually) after
having "overstressed" this little red plastic part, typically when I
screw it so much that the pads will press strongly enough inwards onto
the rim to allow me going downhill without having to touch the brake
lever at all. Very convenient, especially in the most difficult/steep
spots!

I have always found this "unexpected" use of the TPA knob very funny
and attractive - even though I regreted that the part would not be made
out of alloy instead of plastic.

WELL, THIS IS UNTIL YESTERDAY, WHEN I FOUND
THIS (\"HTTP://WWW.TARTYBIKES.CO.UK/PRODUCT.PHP?ID=2065\") TO
BE AVAILABLE.

Yeah, sure, this is a little expensive for such a little part - but I
still take it as a potentially very interesting upgrade for the Magura
HS33 users.

I should get mine over the next few days, will mount it on my Muni, and
will report how good (hopefully) it is.

Anyone has tested it already?

Cheers, MadC.

|Filename: large_74tpablk.jpg |

madc-ccc
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UAC

Hello everybody,

I am also interested in these kind of alloy TPA knobs. Does anybody
here have such? Are they worth the money?

Thanks,
Flaviu

--
UAC

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page"
(Saint Augustine)

Magura HS33 drac Unicycling 9 September 1st 07 05:34 AM
UK Riders - Cheap Magura HS33 paul royle Unicycling 0 April 14th 05 11:09 PM
magura hs33 on ebay tennisgh22 Unicycling 7 June 3rd 04 09:15 PM
New Magura HS33 for $36 Tellurider Unicycling 10 April 14th 04 03:02 AM
HS33 Magura Brakes John L Australia 6 August 3rd 03 10:31 PM