Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

Old April 12th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

In article ,
"Jack May" writes:

Most roads were not built by Government in
the earliest days. They were dirt and often scraped out by farmers needing
to get to market.

So how (and more to the point: /why/) did private car
drivers/owners get to so selfishly hog the roads?

BTW: the Ancient Romans knew how to build good roads/iters,
c/w drainage, pavement & grading.

The pre-dated Silk Road often didn't even need pavement
or delineation; just the appropriate vehicles.

During the earliest incursions of Europeans into North
America, rivers were the roads, and to a large degree
still are.

The bush trails to which you ascribe the efforts of
farmers were actually trampled by various wild animules.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 12th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:48:17 -0700, "Jack May"
wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people. The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.

That's so stupid, my head exploded.

Old April 12th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people. The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.

That's so stupid, my head exploded.

What he's saying is: he doesn't like buses 'cuz
they sometimes cause him to slow his iron chariot
down a little. Alas & alak! Woe, woe, and
thrrrice woe!

Anyways, don't worry about it. My brain
plotzes numerous times a day, and Jack May
is a Known Quantity.

klahowya,
Tom

Old April 12th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

On Apr 12, 12:48 am, "Jack May" wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people. The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.

:-) Hilarious!

- Frank Krygowski
Old April 12th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jack May wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
On Apr 11, 11:43 am, Eric Vey wrote:

..

Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You apparently
have no concept of the real world.

Old April 12th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.

That's so stupid, my head exploded.

The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
you are worthless as a person.

Old April 12th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

wrote in message
On Apr 12, 12:48 am, "Jack May" wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.

:-) Hilarious!

In other words you are far too retarded to understand that spending two
thirds of the transportation dollars to carry 5% of the travel is a major
problem.

Old April 12th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

Default Buying an SUV traps you in the rat race!

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Pat, an apparent member of the puny human species, wrote:
On Apr 10, 11:39 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

I believe changes will occur in human production of energy. The change
will be a negative one, as readily extractable, inexpensive hydrocarbon
sources disappear. It is too late in the day for the sensible choices of
more energy efficient societies, large scale renewable energy production
and a reasonable population size.

Billions are being spent by extremely rich, extremely smart people that
think you are wrong.

Nuclear fusion might save the day, but there has been little progress in a
half century of experimentation, so that remains a long shot to achieve.

Its a political decision. You only have to have Congress members get stuck
in the cold and dark with no transportation to change the laws.

Old April 13th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Jack May

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 11:57 pm, Pat wrote:

How can you deny that change is inevitable, constant and
unpredictable?

This system denies change. We could have been riding EVs ("Who killed

the electric car?) and even bikes for a long time. Yeah bikes, they
are a terrific option for personal transportation. Not for antisocials
like you who live in the boondocks, but for social monkeys.

Food production is extremely inefficient. Using humans for motors is a way
to starve to death a high percentage of the third world.

Electric cars consume lots of energy and produce lots of pollution at the
power plant, especially at coal powered plants.

Old April 13th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:51:15 -0700, "Jack May"
wrote:

The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
you are worthless as a person.

Check New York City.

Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic? ComandanteBanana Social Issues 272 April 17th 08 06:22 PM
Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic? ComandanteBanana General 241 April 15th 08 01:22 PM
Traffic Citations & Traffic Cops Freddie Mountain Biking 0 March 23rd 06 05:02 AM
My first collision Alan J. Wylie UK 26 April 15th 05 07:44 AM
In collision with... Just zis Guy, you know? UK 22 August 3rd 03 05:08 PM