Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

Old August 8th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnhimsworth

Default Warwick UK Town Centre Unicyle Races

Gah! I've gone and entered the Nottingham half marathon that weekend!
Can't believe I'll be running 13 miles instead of doing a unicycle
race. That was poor, poor planning on my part. That's about 1/3 of my
annual reasons to own a coker based on current usage too.

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
Old August 31st 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

So the date is two weeks away, entries need to be in by the 8th so I
thought I'd bump this up.

--
kington99

Dave

Old September 2nd 08, 08:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

This sounds like it might be fun, but don't know what's going on that
weekend yet, can you show up without registering? You going Dave?

--
annaats

Anna.
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club - Sundays at 4!

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
Old September 2nd 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

kington99 wrote:
So the date is two weeks away, entries need to be in by the 8th so I
thought I'd bump this up.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I remembered this was on, but had
forgotten about the registration bit.

By the way, if any of the Nottingham crowd want a lift, I can probably
squeeze 2 people + uicycles in with moderate comfort.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 2nd 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

annaats wrote:
This sounds like it might be fun, but don't know what's going on that
weekend yet, can you show up without registering? You going Dave?

yeah i think I will be, will make a decision for sure in the next day
or so

--
kington99

Dave

Old September 2nd 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

Posted my entry form today, so I'm definitely going now.

Paul

--
paul royle
Old September 7th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
keg

We are planning on attending, just sent a mail to the organiser.

Keith

--
keg
Old September 11th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

I just spoke to johnthejuggler on the phone, because I was worried that
I'd sent my form off too late (I sent it on Friday) and it hadn't got
there. He said that it was there, and that it will be ok now for people
to enter on the day if they haven't already.

He also said that the race times have been slightly altered, the fun
race is now at 1:10 pm, and the big wheel race is now at 3:45.

See you all on Sunday!

--
domesticated ape
Old September 11th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

domesticated ape wrote:
I just spoke to johnthejuggler on the phone, because I was worried that
I'd sent my form off too late (I sent it on Friday) and it hadn't got
there. He said that it was there, and that it will be ok now for people
to enter on the day if they haven't already.

He also said that the race times have been slightly altered, the fun
race is now at 1:10 pm, and the big wheel race is now at 3:45.

See you all on Sunday!

Thanks for the update. I've only entered the Big Wheel race, so was
going to be turning up later on. I'm glad you posted the new times,
otherwise I would have missed it!

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 14th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
domesticated ape

Well that was fun, there was quite a low turnout in the big wheel race
(only 8 riders) but still a good day. The lack of certain riders helped
me out a lot, last year I came fourth behind Roger, Sam and John
Himsworth, this year none of them were there so I won! Paul Royle was
second, Spencer the monkey third, Dave (kinton99) fourth and Danny
Griffiths fifth, Danny is pretty fast for a 9-year-old!

Using SPDs helped quite a bit too, I took them off my bike and tried
them out on my coker yesterday as my old trainers were getting a bit
slippy on the pedals. They turned out to be perfect for the race as the
course is pretty bumpy and it was nice not to have to worry about my
feet getting knocked off the pedals.

Thanks to johnthejuggler for organising the race, it was great and I'll
definitely be back next year!

--
domesticated ape