More on the road-rage attack by a motorist on a cyclist.

Old July 13th 11, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default More on the road-rage attack by a motorist on a cyclist.

This clearly illustrates why some motorists loose control not only of
their cars but of themselves and yet they are allowed to continue
posing a serious threat to others on our roads.

"Footage of a road-rage assault on a cyclist in London has been posted
online in a bid to catch the attacker.

Simon Page, 49, was punched in the head by a car driver in Bexley High
Street, Bexley, south-east London, in May.

Mr Page, of Guildford, Surrey, was one of seven cyclists riding from
Dover to London in training for a charity ride.

The helmet-cam video, which shows a silver Peugeot pulling over and a
man getting out and punching Mr Page to the ground, has been handed to
police.

Mr Page said the assault had happened after the driver had tried to
overtake another cyclist in the group.

He said: "The car tried to overtake whilst we were going past a
traffic island which significantly narrowed the road and my friend
slapped the side of the car and shouted..."

Mo

-- .
World Carfree Network.
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.
Old July 13th 11, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
[...]

If the car was next to the cyclist (as alleged) it means the cyclist had not
taken the lane as he should have.
If the cyclist was genuinely frightened by the (alleged) proximity of the
car (which he should have known was coming if he kept proper observation)
then he should have kept both hands on the bars.
The first physical assault was by the cyclist on the car since a miss is as
good as a mile.
Also interesting that the (alleged) near miss does not get shown.
The reporter of the assault just happens to be a lawyer, do I smell a compo
claim?

Old July 13th 11, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Doug" wrote in message

He said: "The car tried to overtake whilst we were going past a
traffic island which significantly narrowed the road and my friend
slapped the side of the car and shouted..."

Ah, so now he "slapped" the car? A few days ago there was no mention of
this. Why should we believe anything else he says? What else is he hiding?

Old July 13th 11, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jul 13, 2:15*pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

He said: "The car tried to overtake whilst we were going past a
traffic island which significantly narrowed the road and my friend
slapped the side of the car and shouted..."

Ah, so now he "slapped" the car? A few days ago there was no mention of
this.

Of course, it justifies assault, doesn't it? Tantamount to rape
slapping some dickhead's car, isn't it? Metal just can't stand up to
flesh, can it? Or is it v.v?

Why should we believe anything else he says? What else is he hiding?

Well, if so, why should you believe him when he says that his friend
slapped the car then?

Old July 13th 11, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Doug" wrote in message

He said: "The car tried to overtake whilst we were going past a
traffic island which significantly narrowed the road and my friend
slapped the side of the car and shouted..."

Ah, so now he "slapped" the car? A few days ago there was no mention of
this.

Of course, it justifies assault, doesn't it? Tantamount to rape
slapping some dickhead's car, isn't it? Metal just can't stand up to
flesh, can it? Or is it v.v?

Why should we believe anything else he says? What else is he hiding?

Well, if so, why should you believe him when he says that his friend
slapped the car then?

It's obvious they've conspired and come up with a bull**** explanation that
minimises his part in the saga. Last week, they were saying that he merely
"shouted and remonstrated". This week he's "slapped the car and shouted". No
doubt next week he'll admit to booting a wing mirror or scratching the whole
side of the car.

They're obviously ****ting themselves now that the guy will probably be
identified and his own side of the story will be revealed.

Old July 13th 11, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jul 13, 6:06*pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

They're obviously ****ting themselves now that the guy will probably be
identified and his own side of the story will be revealed.-

That will be why they released the footage and reported it to Plod
then.
Let's see the six cyclists lie in court (if it goes there) and the
cycling lawyer can then kiss his career goodbye at the same time. Or
will their story stand up to scrutiny and what's more, will the
attacker's mates be willing to perjure themselves in court to protect
the thug, or will they bottle it?

It's obvious they've conspired and come up with a bull**** explanation that
minimises his part in the saga.

Are you allowed to be on jury service?

--
Simon Mason
Old July 13th 11, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 13/07/2011 17:53, Squashme wrote:
On Jul 13, 2:15 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

He said: "The car tried to overtake whilst we were going past a
traffic island which significantly narrowed the road and my friend
slapped the side of the car and shouted..."

Ah, so now he "slapped" the car? A few days ago there was no mention of
this.

Of course, it justifies assault, doesn't it? Tantamount to rape
slapping some dickhead's car, isn't it? Metal just can't stand up to
flesh, can it? Or is it v.v?

Why should we believe anything else he says? What else is he hiding?

Well, if so, why should you believe him when he says that his friend
slapped the car then?

Quite.

The term is "inconsistency". It's often fatal to the credibility of
testimony, especially when the inconsistencies have to be dragged out of a
witness in cross examination.

BTW: "v.v"?
Old July 13th 11, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Jul 13, 2:15 pm, *wrote:
*wrote in message

[...]

Vicky verky. That's yer actual Latin, that is.

BTW: Big Time Wrestling?
Old July 13th 11, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

"Doug" wrote in message

[...]

Jeez, you are out to lunch, aren't you?! Why the double **** would the
cyclists release the video clip in the first place, if that would lead
to "the guy will probably be identified and his own side of the story
will be revealed." Think it through!

You seem to find this unremarkable:-
"Although the registered keeper of the car was easily traceable it
seems that on the day in question the vehicle was left unlocked with
the keys in the ignition, only for it to be taken without consent but
somehow later returned to the owner by person or persons unknown."

No helpful and astute comments on that. Happens all the time to
motorists, does it?
Old July 13th 11, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jul 13, 8:05*pm, Squashme wrote:

They're obviously ****ting themselves now that the guy will probably be
identified and his own side of the story will be revealed.

Jeez, you are out to lunch, aren't you?! Why the double **** would the
cyclists release the video clip in the first place, if that would lead
to "the guy will probably be identified and his own side of the story
will be revealed." Think it through!

Especially as the victim is a lawyer apparently too thick to realise
that he may have to perjure himself in court one day.
I wonder if the attacker's mates will turn out to be Nugent
witnesses? :-)

--
Simon Mason