No sleep and hot days make Mitchell something... something... something.

Old May 14th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default No sleep and hot days make Mitchell something... something... something.

I could not sleep at all on Saturday night. Don't know why, but I woke
at midnight and was up until six. After a two
hour catnap, I headed to the hills dead tired. I figured I would do a
climb up Chiney Gulch until I passed out.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5726.jpg

It was brutally hot on Sunday morning. Already temps were in the 80's
and the sun was beating down on the exposed trail. I don't know if this
climb is worse than Belcher at White Ranch, but it sure seems like it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5727.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5728.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5729.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5730.jpg

Only 2.5 miles to the top but it is one of the steeper trails in the
area and I was already starting to feel the lack of sleep take its toll.
I had to stop a couple of times to ease the dizziness.

Finally, things level out a bit, but it's still uphill.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5731.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5732.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5733.jpg

Once I get across the first saddle, there are a few trees for releif.
It was also a time to celebrate making all but one switchback on the way up.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5734.jpg

After reaching windy saddle, I decided enough was enough.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/051307/IMG_5735.jpg

So, I watched the roadies flying down lookout mountain road dor a while,
turned the bike around, and bombed down as fast as I could on the OTB
Titus without the gloves that I left in my car (ouch). I have decided
that the Racer-X and I will be parting ways this summer. I am just too
far up front and it scares the crap out of me.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 15th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On May 14, 10:50 am, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:
[...]

Nice lonesome looking trails. Reminds me of these parts..

CDB

Old May 15th 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
I could not sleep at all on Saturday night. Don't know why, but I woke
at midnight and was up until six. After a two
hour catnap, I headed to the hills dead tired. I figured I would do a
climb up Chiney Gulch until I passed out.

snip

Nice looking trail.
Is that trail head just South of where the paragliders land? How far
from the new homestead?

Shawn
Old May 15th 07, 03:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I drove home from Ridgway (the mesa) Saturday morning....jacket and full
heat going in the truck at 5:15 cmt and ended up withh full ac at 12:15 pst
when I pulled into Phx. Hit 103 which was quite a shock from the previous
weekends 8" snowfall....

I haven't been on the bike in 3 weeks since I bruised (or cracked?) my ribs
in a not-so-spectacular endo, landing on my freaking cell phone. I had just
yelled at the other 5 riders that the drop was rideable.....well...it was
the previous weekend. That and snow for three days plus rain another three,
not to mention working 12+ hrs a day on my house in Ridgway.

I'm headed back up on the 21st. Hopefully I'll get to ride before then?

Nice photos by the way.

Gary (forgot to "get back")

Old May 15th 07, 06:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tom

On May 14, 7:21 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
snip

I haven't been on the bike in 3 weeks since I bruised (or cracked?) my ribs
in a not-so-spectacular endo, landing on my freaking cell phone. I had just
yelled at the other 5 riders that the drop was rideable...
Gary (forgot to "get back")

I hate it when that happens. Tom

Old May 16th 07, 10:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On May 14, 12:50 pm, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:
[...]

So thats where your at taking pictures and a might fine job. Do you
miss the pines and sand of Jersey?

Old May 16th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Crazy Fred wrote:

So thats where your at taking pictures and a might fine job. Do you
miss the pines and sand of Jersey?

Hell no! Rocky mountain high forever!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 17th 07, 09:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On May 16, 8:28 am, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Crazy Fred wrote:

So thats where your at taking pictures and a might fine job. Do you
miss the pines and sand of Jersey?

Hell no! Rocky mountain high forever!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws

Since you left Cherryhill is hotter then when the Piaza Connection hit
in the 80's. Terror Connection

Mt. Mitchell [email protected] Racing 2 November 23rd 06 04:12 PM
Neil Mitchell Euan Australia 25 July 26th 06 02:47 AM
Assault on Mt. Mitchell ... CHANGED! psycholist Racing 1 January 20th 05 07:57 PM
Neil Mitchell at it again cfsmtb Australia 12 May 14th 04 11:57 AM
It's days like this that make you think there is a $DEITY phil Unicycling 1 October 17th 03 06:20 AM