Bought - Claud Butler Cape Wrath

Old August 9th 04, 05:52 PM
Brian

Default Bought - Claud Butler Cape Wrath

Well, I have just been and bought my bike - I opted for the Claud Butler
Cape Wrath at £399 from my local bike shop - Sandy Wallace Cycles. Went
for the 20" frame.

They are going to fit a pannier rack, bottle cage and a front crud catcher
- I also bought a cable lock + helmet with 10% off the accesories.

Bike should be ready on Satarday!

:-D

Can't wait!

regards

--
Brian

Old August 9th 04, 06:06 PM
Paul - xxx

Brian vaguely muttered something like ...
Well, I have just been and bought my bike - I opted for the Claud Butler
Cape Wrath at £399 from my local bike shop - Sandy Wallace Cycles. Went
for the 20" frame.

They are going to fit a pannier rack, bottle cage and a front crud catcher
- I also bought a cable lock + helmet with 10% off the accesories.

Bike should be ready on Satarday!

Heheheh ... enjoy it ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Old August 9th 04, 07:19 PM
Brian

Stan Cox wrote in
:

Dont forget to take it back after a few weeks for them to check
everything. The cables will stretch a bit as they are new and the gear
changing will become less crisp. A quick tweak will sort this out. Any
good shop will do this free of charge.

Stan Cox

Indeed - thats part of the reason why I bought locally (I probably could
have bought cheaper elsewhere) If I recall correctly, there is a free 2
week service, then a free 3 month service.

--
Brian

Old August 9th 04, 09:35 PM
David Bertenshaw

Stan Cox wrote:

Dont forget to take it back after a few weeks for them to check
everything. The cables will stretch a bit as they are new and the gear
changing will become less crisp. A quick tweak will sort this out. Any
good shop will do this free of charge.

If you buy from my LBS you get far more than that:

* Buy new bike.

* Take it back because they've put wrong front wheel on (e.g. without
dynamo hub.

* Take it back week later when I notice they've put wrong rear wheel on
as well (32 hole, not 36 hole I'd ordered - obviously didn't wonder why
had 36H on front and not on back...).

* Take it away again because despite phone call five days earlier, they
had forgotten to order the right hub and rim.

* Agree to leave it until 6 week service. Take bike in for 6 week
service. They'd forgotten to order the right hub and rim.

* Collect bike after 6 week service + delay while ordering right hub and
rim. Mudguard (was 'not rubbing on front tyre') now rubbing on front
tyre. Freewheel (was 'not creaking at all') now creaking a lot. While
checking out now creaking freewheel, discover that what I ordered
(13-29) actually 13-26.

* Consider whether to try again or give up and buy chain whip /
freewheel tool.

All above served with lashings of superciliousness on behalf of sales
person.

Nice bike though.

David (Yes I know I should have checked the number of holes in teh hub
and teeth on the freewheel earlier... Caveat emptor.)
Old August 10th 04, 06:01 AM
Gawnsoft

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:35:45 +0100, David Bertenshaw
wrote (more or less):

Stan Cox wrote:

Dont forget to take it back after a few weeks for them to check
everything. The cables will stretch a bit as they are new and the gear
changing will become less crisp. A quick tweak will sort this out. Any
good shop will do this free of charge.

If you buy from my LBS you get far more than that:

various bodges snipped

All above served with lashings of superciliousness on behalf of sales
person.

Nice bike though.

Now imagine that catalogue of horrors, but with a return postage fee
each time...

--
Cheers,
Euan
Old August 10th 04, 09:20 PM
David Bertenshaw

wrote (more or less):
If you buy from my LBS you get far more than that:

various bodges snipped

All above served with lashings of superciliousness on behalf of sales
person.

Nice bike though.

Now imagine that catalogue of horrors, but with a return postage fee
each time...

Quite - I was always going to buy the bike from an LBS for exactly that
reason. Fortunately, I have at least four BS in the L, so I don't have
to give the bodgers any more money...

David

Claud Butler Milano (weight help) DSK UK 3 July 31st 04 05:15 PM
Claud Butler San Remo SRT UK 4 June 5th 04 01:20 PM
Road bike advice? Coppi or Claud Butler? superyachtcrew UK 5 July 16th 03 08:29 AM