FINALLY!!! (back on the bike)

Old June 14th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Myron Hobson

Default FINALLY!!! (back on the bike)

I got hit in November. Had surgery in January. Now I'm finally clear
to "take it easy."

I rode over to my girlfriend's place today. I took a longer, but
flatter route than normal. It took me past a pie factory. Smelled
amazing. Also had a woman genuinely ask me why I wasn't on the side
walk. She seemed receptive to my response.

All in all, an awesome day!

\\paul

Old June 14th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Jun 14, 12:46 am, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
I got hit in November. Had surgery in January. Now I'm finally clear
to "take it easy."

I rode over to my girlfriend's place today. I took a longer, but
flatter route than normal. It took me past a pie factory. Smelled
amazing. Also had a woman genuinely ask me why I wasn't on the side
walk. She seemed receptive to my response.

"Shaddup you beeyatch, foreign I whack ya upside the bouffant witha my
Silca"?

All in all, an awesome day!

Woohoo! What bits of you are the the weakest right now?

Old June 14th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Myron Hobson

landotter wrote:
On Jun 14, 12:46 am, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
I got hit in November. Had surgery in January. Now I'm finally clear
to "take it easy."

I rode over to my girlfriend's place today. I took a longer, but
flatter route than normal. It took me past a pie factory. Smelled
amazing. Also had a woman genuinely ask me why I wasn't on the side
walk. She seemed receptive to my response.

"Shaddup you beeyatch, foreign I whack ya upside the bouffant witha my
Silca"?
All in all, an awesome day!

Woohoo! What bits of you are the the weakest right now?

Left wrist. It weird, I *should* be riding my road bike to minimize
instances where I need get out of the saddle. Problem is, it's set-up
left hand-front brake. My Raleigh SS is set up the *right* way. My
initial ride seems to indicate that I'll be find on it, but I need to
set aside a night and switch the road bike over.

I've got two sessions of PT next week and a new fugly orthesis I'm
wearing around right now.

\\paul
Old June 14th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Jun 14, 12:03 pm, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
landotter wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a good excuse to put a track cog on the Raleigh and get a
stem raiser to get pressure off those hands. *g* Speaking of which, I
saw a guy a couple days ago that had a late 80s mtb with 8spd Deore
LX, vintage Shimano thumbies, and those ape hanger bars that used to
come with banana seat bikes. Bars sprayed the same glitter blue as the
bike. It managed to look impressive and stupid at the same time.

Old June 14th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
I got hit in November. Had surgery in January. Now I'm finally clear
to "take it easy."

I rode over to my girlfriend's place today. I took a longer, but
flatter route than normal. It took me past a pie factory. Smelled
amazing. Also had a woman genuinely ask me why I wasn't on the side
walk. She seemed receptive to my response.

All in all, an awesome day!

Excellent. It's always great to get back on the bike after a forced
hiatus. I'm looking forward to my friend Finn coming out on rides
again. He's almost done recovering from a broken clavicle.

The second one this year. :-/

--
Dane Buson -
There is nothing which cannot be answered by means of my doctrine," said