Followup: Help learning to use clip-in shoes

Old November 2nd 03, 07:18 PM
Zelda

Default Followup: Help learning to use clip-in shoes

Success! I am riding with my shoes clipped in!

Thanks to all who responded. Special thanks and a big wet kiss to Mike
J., who correctly guessed that I was falling down while trying to
START, not stop. I should have explained it better, that I wasn't
getting my second foot clipped in at all. Mike, the step-by-step
instructions were exactly what I needed.

This morning (Sunday) I drove myself & the bike to a local elementary
school, and practiced on the grassy field, riding around with just the
right foot clipped in, then just the left foot clipped in. Grass is SO
much softer than concrete :-) I did fall a couple of times. Then I
practiced clipping in the 2nd foot, and stopping, over and over again.
Then I practiced on the paved path that circles the playground (there
were no pedestrians), stopping & starting, etc. Then I rode around the
neighborhood. I am happy now. Yesterday, I was tempted to put the flat
pedals back on.

Thanks again to everyone.

Zelda
Old November 2nd 03, 11:51 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Zelda: Great to hear you've got it all worked out now. Better save the big
wet kiss for someone else though; my wife might not care for that (and
fortunately, she hasn't learned how to "google" to find messages I've
written!).

I've added the information to our website so that others might benefit as
well; eventually, I get photos up to further explain things. Thanks for
kicking me in the tail to get this (finally) done!

http://www.chainreaction.com/pedalfa...USE_SPD_PEDALS

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

om...