Lance Armstrong's chemotherapy

Old July 4th 05, 12:58 AM

Default Lance Armstrong's chemotherapy

I wonder if anyone has done research on maybe the radiation treatment
on Lance's cancer is why he has produced less lactic acid after the
chemo. A friend of mine read somewhere a couple of years ago, there was
a test on Lance whereby it found that his body produces less lactic
acid than before his cancer treatment. How did he fare in his cycling
career before the cancer? Was he a top 10 cyclist? It's just
interesting that no physician has thought about maybe the cancer
treatment has something to do with his success the last 6 yrs. Heck, if
was a pro cyclist, maybe i would want chemo on myself just to see. I
do think that Lance would never use drugs, so that assertion is way off
base.

Old July 4th 05, 01:50 AM
Pat

: I wonder if anyone has done research on maybe the radiation treatment
: on Lance's cancer is why he has produced less lactic acid after the
: chemo. A friend of mine read somewhere a couple of years ago, there was
: a test on Lance whereby it found that his body produces less lactic
: acid than before his cancer treatment. How did he fare in his cycling
: career before the cancer? Was he a top 10 cyclist? It's just
: interesting that no physician has thought about maybe the cancer
: treatment has something to do with his success the last 6 yrs. Heck, if
: was a pro cyclist, maybe i would want chemo on myself just to see. I
: do think that Lance would never use drugs, so that assertion is way off
: base.

1.) radiation was on the cancer, not on the muscles in his legs.
2.)you can do "chemo" on yourself, but that is not the same as radiation.

Pat in TX
:

Old July 4th 05, 07:41 AM

What about Lance drug treatment of anti-Cancer drug? How do we know
that anti-cancer
drug is no way helping making his body more strong and more indurance.
No doubt Lance has been used durg.. I mean whether anti-cancer drug or
not it's still
chemicaltheory hat Lance has been used to reorganze his body condition
for many years.

Old July 4th 05, 09:53 AM
Rich Clark

wrote in message
ups.com...

What about Lance drug treatment of anti-Cancer drug? How do we know
that anti-cancer
drug is no way helping making his body more strong and more indurance.
No doubt Lance has been used durg.. I mean whether anti-cancer drug or
not it's still
chemicaltheory hat Lance has been used to reorganze his body condition
for many years.

So, what, nobody who's ever been sick should be allowed to race? Or no
athlete who gets sick should be given medical treatment?

Lance is an extraordinary physical specimen. I saw him win the USPro here in
Philadelphia long before the cancer, and you could see it just watching him
race. His ferocity and power were palpable, even to the spectators. He's
just the guy at the far end of the bell curve. His physical uniqueness and
capacity have been well documented both before and after the cancer.

Somewhere out there is probably a guy who was born with even more potential
than Lance. But he chose to be a ballet dancer or something. What the Lance
doubters just don't want to accept is that in Armstrong we have the rare
combination of the physique that's optimal for the sport, the will to win,
and the incredible series of coincidences that actually put that person on a
bike. It's like destiny, or something.

RichC

Old July 4th 05, 03:01 PM
psycholist

"Rich Clark" wrote in message

[...]

Rich,

I think you're exactly right. But also, factor in that the cancer actually
did something to transform him as a racer. He lost all that upper-body
muscle he carried as hold-over from his triathlon days and, from there, he
was able to dramatically improve his power to weight ratio. Voila ...
instant monster climber!
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Old July 4th 05, 03:07 PM

Interesting thoughts from everyone. Anyways, he should be well on his
way to his 7th title here soon. Later.