Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Old September 9th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Default Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

adjuggler wrote:
Meeting will be at Long Park in Haymarket, Virginia. Click the link
below for details on the park and directions. Hope to see you all
there.
http://www.pwcparks.org/parkselect.asp?id=24

What time in the day are we looking at?

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old September 9th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Anytime after 11AM (which is probably when I'll arrive at the latest)

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
Old September 23rd 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

hey everyone, i'm in the beginning stages of organizing a street/trials
ride in richmond VA on october 18th. i don't have any specifis details
yet, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. joey and i will be
sending out the official announcment after we get some of the details
set.

Max

--
unirox13

The World is on fire, are you the smoke, or the flames?
Old September 24th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wumpus

I have been thinking about organizing/ setting up a MUNI day at
sherando/big levels or walnut creek park.. if there is enough interest.

--
wumpus
Old September 27th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

I'm trying to figure out a formula if I can, to determine my speed with
a smaller crank size BEFORE I put it on. Let's see, I measured a top
speed of 15mph on my 36 with 150mm cranks, and an average speed of
11mph. So how fast would I go with 125mm cranks? Anyone have a clue?

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old October 4th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

James is organizing a 30 mile ride from Mt. Vernon area? to DC. Should
be fun...I'm still waiting for the details, but if you ride the 36" you
should definitely come.

I just put on 125mm cranks on my Titan and I have to say, I don't know
how I could have waited so long to put them on!! I traveled about a
mile and calculated my average speed based on my riding time. It came
out to be 14.5 MPH!!! I only got about 11 ave. with 150mm cranks and a
top speed of 15. So theoretically, my top speed (based on the math of
ratios) should be 19.7mph, but I'll have to find out through some
tests.

Anyway, keep this thread alive! Post what you've been doing lately on
the unicycle, and for life in general. I've been doing a lot of 1 foot
wheel walking training and I've almost got the hang of it, not to
mention I'm getting closer to gliding. I've also been doing a lot of
school work lately so, check out my latest video I made for my editing
class!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
www.vimeo.com/jneigh
Old October 5th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

joejumps4fun;1103812 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a formula if I can, to determine my speed with
a smaller crank size BEFORE I put it on. Let's see, I measured a top
speed of 15mph on my 36 with 150mm cranks, and an average speed of
11mph. So how fast would I go with 125mm cranks? Anyone have a clue?

17.5mph but that is a guess based on the percentage of decreased
length.

--
adjuggler

-Last edited by 'SixSixOne' (sixsixone.com) :
'Youtube-ay' (youtube.com/adjuggler) at
'Vim:eo' (vimeo.com/adjuggler) PM.-
'Belle Isle Richmond, VA (Comp Thread)' (http://tinyurl.com/5c9sdu)
-David
Old October 5th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimag

I rode 100 miles yesterday on my Nimbus 36 in the Seagull Century
beginning and ending in Salisbury, MD. It was a lot of fun. There were
6400 bikes registered for the ride. I was the only unicyclist. My
average speed for the day was 13.2 mph. For the first 17 miles my
average speed was 15.0 mph. I was using 114 mm cranks.

--
munimag
Old October 5th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

I had an UPD today, going 16mph...needless to say, my top speed with
125mm cranks on a 36 is somewhere around 16mph.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4