Sydney Regatta Centre

Old August 13th 11, 08:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Ken & Stace[_3_]

Default Sydney Regatta Centre

A guy I know was riding around the bike track at the Regatta Centre at
Penrith when he encountered a wire that was strung up at neck height. He
finished up flat on his back with a sore neck, luckily nothing more.
There is some construction work going on there and it happened just near the
construction site.

He has informed the Regatta Centre and the police.

If you going to do a cardiac workout there, it might not be a bad idea to do
a slow lap first.

Ken

Old August 15th 11, 04:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 13/08/2011 5:03 PM, Ken & Stace wrote:
A guy I know was riding around the bike track at the Regatta Centre at
Penrith when he encountered a wire that was strung up at neck height. He
finished up flat on his back with a sore neck, luckily nothing more.
There is some construction work going on there and it happened just near the
construction site.

He has informed the Regatta Centre and the police.

If you going to do a cardiac workout there, it might not be a bad idea to do
a slow lap first.

Ouch!! I suppose it is difficult to tell offhand if the wire was
deliberately set or simply due to careless indifference by the
construction ppl. Somehow I suspect it was a deliberate act.
Old August 15th 11, 10:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:03:47 +1000, "Ken & Stace" wrote:

A guy I know was riding around the bike track at the Regatta Centre at
Penrith when he encountered a wire that was strung up at neck height. He
finished up flat on his back with a sore neck, luckily nothing more.
There is some construction work going on there and it happened just near the
construction site.

He has informed the Regatta Centre and the police.

If you going to do a cardiac workout there, it might not be a bad idea to do
a slow lap first.

If that was a deliberate act, I would call it attempted murder, especially after watching
the old Aussie movie Stone again recently.

Old August 17th 11, 03:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Geoff Lock wrote:

Ouch!! I suppose it is difficult to tell offhand if the wire was
deliberately set or simply due to careless indifference by the
construction ppl. Somehow I suspect it was a deliberate act.

It is deliberate. These days any area of construction is required to be
clearly defined, i.e fencing and signs. Even stuff down a bush track. So
no one(public or workers) should have been able to encounter any such
item on a construction site.

Segways in shopping centre David Hansen UK 13 November 24th 07 04:09 PM
Slightly off centre Brendo Australia 8 November 17th 06 09:06 PM
PER: road near Convention Centre Beavers Australia 2 August 6th 06 11:02 AM
Ritchey off centre rims gary UK 7 April 16th 05 12:57 PM
Off centre front fork Zoot Katz General 5 August 17th 03 07:57 PM