Tour Down Under Coverage

Old January 21st 12, 09:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
K.A. Moylan

Default Tour Down Under Coverage

Who's been watching the Tour Down Under coverage on the tele this year?
What do you think of it?

Phil Liggett & Paul Sherwin seem to be very professional. No matter who
they are broadcasting for, they seem to tune their presentation to suit.
Just the way that they slip in the 'there is this business, whose name
is ..., who can ... for you'. It seems almost like the days when radio
shows slipped in announcements for their sponsors.

Was it me, or is there a lot more advertising than compared to what gets
put on for SBS?

The 3rd presenter, what's his name. Is he really like that or is he
playing the part of the casually interested Joe Blow?

(Let's get some discussion going.)

--
K.A. Moylan
Canberra, Australia
Old January 22nd 12, 02:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 21/01/2012 7:16 PM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
Who's been watching the Tour Down Under coverage on the tele this year?
What do you think of it?

Phil Liggett& Paul Sherwin seem to be very professional. No matter who
they are broadcasting for, they seem to tune their presentation to suit.
Just the way that they slip in the 'there is this business, whose name
is ..., who can ... for you'. It seems almost like the days when radio
shows slipped in announcements for their sponsors.

Was it me, or is there a lot more advertising than compared to what gets
put on for SBS?

The 3rd presenter, what's his name. Is he really like that or is he
playing the part of the casually interested Joe Blow?

(Let's get some discussion going.)

Lets start unfortunately I have been away and had very limited TV.

What I miss is there are no castles or villas but they slip to a place
in town which has been pre recorded.

There are adverts on SBS and more prevalent now.

One of the reasons I watch le Tour is for those excellent aerial
country shots.
Old January 24th 12, 11:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
K.A. Moylan

In article , Rob
wrote:

[...]

Yes, I missed seeing the various villas and castles, but I thought at
least some vineyards could have been shown.
The prerecorded town segments seemed somewhat clunky, but not as bad as
Gabriel Gate's efforts in July.

There are adverts on SBS and more prevalent now.

But not as prevalent as on WIN. I would just get settled into a segment
and there would be a break for advertising.

One of the reasons I watch le Tour is for those excellent aerial
country shots.

Yes, South Australia in January is so very brown. It is no match for
verdant fertility of France in July.
Sigh. Now I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms of the annual P&P TdF show.

Tour Coverage Chris Mogridge Racing 1 July 6th 09 01:42 AM
Tour of Britain coverage D.M. Procida UK 1 September 10th 07 11:07 AM
did I miss something - sbs tour coverage? Rayc Australia 14 July 22nd 05 10:57 AM
Tour of Langkawi T.V. coverage ? The Nottingham Duck UK 7 February 13th 05 06:35 PM
Tour de France TV coverage Erdefen UK 18 July 17th 03 01:37 AM