Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 18, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can

On Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 11:58:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.gotquestions.org/sinners-prayer.html I saw this site on a
search directory. Great Resource!

Many people have criticized Christianity and believers in Jesus Christ as being too narrow-minded because we preach that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. They point to the numerous other religions of the world and say, “How can your way be the only way?”

One of the answers to this question is that Jesus himself declared that He was, in fact, God in the flesh.

I and the Father are one. (John 10:30, NASB)

He who has seen Me has seen the Father… (John 14:9b, NASB)

Jesus did not give Christians any other option but to preach that it is only through faith in His sacrificial death on Calvary that we can receive salvation from our sins.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

Jesus claimed to be God. We have to judge his statements about himself as either true or false.

The great British writer, C. S. Lewis, explained in his well-known book, Mere Christianity, “A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher; he’d either be a lunatic – on a level with a man who says he’s a poached egg – or else he’d be the devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God; or else a madman or something worse.”

“You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

So Jesus was either a madman, a liar, a myth, or He really was – and is – the Son of God.

https://faithask.com/t/why-is-god-th...ay-of-life/582