Proper chain waxing techs

Old September 11th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dave

Default Proper chain waxing techs

I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this please?
thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

Old September 11th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:26:32 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this please?
thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

Dear Dave,

Ah, yet another Dave posts to RBT--your name is legion.

Here's how Frank Krygowski waxes and soothes his chain:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...f84b6c9379c20e

Frank spices his grocery-store canning wax with a smidgen of motor
oil. Others use commercial chain waxes like White Lightning.

If you search the archives of RBT, you'll find lots of posts chain
cleaning, oiling, and waxing:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old September 11th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris Z The Wheelman

http://www.geocities.com/czcorner/tech3.html

This is the method I use. My chains are deep cleaned and deep waxed at
the same time, each wax job keeps the chain lubed for about the same
length of time as oil based lubes (longer than some sprays) AND it
doesn't wash out as easy. This has been proven twice this year. once in
a healthy southern downpour lasting over an hour, and again in a steady
rain lasting for six. In both cases it was not necessary to relube after
as the chain remained lubricated for at least three weeks (over a
hundred miles) of further riding.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old September 11th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Everett

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:26:32 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this please?
thanks
Dave

Here's an article I posted in 1996, and just found via google:

http://tinyurl.com/jzw3v

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old September 12th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this

please?
thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

This is pretty much what I follow. The main difference is I use a potporri
crock for the wax. Works great. Love how clean a waxed chain stays!!
Mike

Old September 12th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper

cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this

please?
thanks
Dave
http://www.noweldrecumbent.com

This is pretty much what I follow. The main difference is I use a

potporri
crock for the wax. Works great. Love how clean a waxed chain stays!!
Mike

Maybe posting the link I left out of the message will help.
www.chainbutter.com.

Old September 12th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Everett

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:07:08 GMT, I wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:26:32 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

I tried google and came up empty looking for articles on proper cleaning,
and waxing chains. Anyone have any links to good articles about this please?
thanks
Dave

Here's an article I posted in 1996, and just found via google:

http://tinyurl.com/jzw3v

I just now reread the above article, and I'd make one
addition/correction. In the article I mention reusing pins in Shimano
chains, eschewing the black pin. I managed to get away with that for
over 18,000 miles on my first Dura Ace chain, then a pin pulled out.

I no longer push old pins back in. Instead I've become a Forster Super
Link user.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3