Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

Old June 4th 10, 09:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bill Weir

Default Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

On Jun 4, 4:16*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Bill Weir" wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Hiking trails are for hikers and not for anyone else. Now perhaps you
understand why Mr. Vandeman and I are geniuses and all the rest of you are
idiots.
A genius would be not be sitting in jail, another genius would

recognise that aforementioned fact.

I recognize that the mountain bikers were riding their bikes on a trail
where it was prohibited. How is it that something so simple as that escapes
your observation? Or are you perhaps a criminal mountain biker yourself.
Maybe you are the one who should be sitting in jail!

Guilt of the mountain-bikers is for the local authorities in
California to decide, not some sociopath
in Minnesota. That fact seems to be escaping you.
Old June 4th 10, 09:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

"Bill Weir" wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Hiking trails are for hikers and not for anyone else. Now perhaps you
understand why Mr. Vandeman and I are geniuses and all the rest of you are
idiots.
A genius would be not be sitting in jail, another genius would

recognise that aforementioned fact.

I recognize that the mountain bikers were riding their bikes on a trail
where it was prohibited. How is it that something so simple as that escapes
your observation? Or are you perhaps a criminal mountain biker yourself..
Maybe you are the one who should be sitting in jail!

Guilt of the mountain-bikers is for the local authorities in
California to decide, not some sociopath
in Minnesota. That fact seems to be escaping you.-

As do most others ;-)
Old June 4th 10, 09:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bill Weir" wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Hiking trails are for hikers and not for anyone else. Now perhaps you
understand why Mr. Vandeman and I are geniuses and all the rest of you
are
idiots.
A genius would be not be sitting in jail, another genius would

recognise that aforementioned fact.

I recognize that the mountain bikers were riding their bikes on a trail
where it was prohibited. How is it that something so simple as that
escapes
your observation? Or are you perhaps a criminal mountain biker yourself.
Maybe you are the one who should be sitting in jail!

Guilt of the mountain-bikers is for the local authorities in

California to decide, not some sociopath
in Minnesota. That fact seems to be escaping you.

California puts the good guys in jail and lets the bad guys go free. They
have got everything backwards - just like you do!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 5th 10, 01:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
SMS

On 04/06/10 1:22 PM, Bill Weir wrote:
On Jun 4, 4:16 pm, "Edward wrote:
"Bill wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward wrote:
[...]

Hiking trails are for hikers and not for anyone else. Now perhaps you
understand why Mr. Vandeman and I are geniuses and all the rest of you are
idiots.
A genius would be not be sitting in jail, another genius would

recognise that aforementioned fact.

I recognize that the mountain bikers were riding their bikes on a trail
where it was prohibited. How is it that something so simple as that escapes
your observation? Or are you perhaps a criminal mountain biker yourself.
Maybe you are the one who should be sitting in jail!

Guilt of the mountain-bikers is for the local authorities in
California to decide, not some sociopath
in Minnesota. That fact seems to be escaping you.

As long as the public face of those opposed to mountain biking are
people like Mike Vandeman and Ed Dolan, the mountain bikers will always
be the ones coming out on top. The extremist views of Vandeman and
Dolan, along with their lack of logic, critical thinking skills, and
their inability to express themselves lucidly are to the detriment of
the more thoughtful opponents of mountain biking that would be willing
to reach consensus on trail access for different groups of trail users.

The fact is that those mountain bikers should _not_ have been on that
fire trail, but since mountain bikers are generally allowed _only_ on
fire trails and roads, it may be that the prohibition is unfair and
should be modified.

The problem of letting extremists defend a position held by others is
usually a bad idea. You see this in the periodic helmet wars on the
bicycling groups, where there are always a few people screaming about
driving helmets and gardening helmets and such, quoting discredited
studies, and promoting junk science and statistics. These tactics lead
the more thoughtful readers to think, "geez, if their position is so
weak that they have to resort to that kind of lunacy then maybe helmets
really do need to be made mandatory."

Old June 5th 10, 02:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moi-aussi

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Moi-aussi" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:14:18 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Mr. Vandeman must have posted at least 10,000 messages on these
newsgroups telling us where he stands and why. Obviously demented.

You make that sound like a good thing. LOL Pity the poor schlub whose
job it is to mine those posts for evidence of Vandeman's inability to
reason. Maybe the prosecutor will print out the most damning bits and
wheel them into court ala Hannibal Lector. :-)

There is everything wrong with Mr. Vandeman's reasoning. It is the
mountain bikers who are forever pointing out his lack of reasoning
ability.

So you align yourself with a man who assaults people with a hand saw? Is
that the case? Do you have the guts to answer this question? If so, you
are an even bigger idiot than Mike.

I align myself with the only person on these newsgroups who has his head
up his ass. I need to get myself a brain. As it is, I am now the biggest
fool on these groups.. My Mind Numbing Stupidity allows me to stoop as low
as a dog turd in the grass, which is what I aspire to be as valuable as.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great Big Moron- Minnesota
aka
Edward the Great Phallus - Order of the Perpetual Stupor - Minnesota

I see you couldn't bring yourself to answer the question. Let me ask again:
Do you support attacking mountain bikers? A simple yes or no is all that is
needed. I know you won't, but that is to be expected.

You are quite amusing.

Old June 5th 10, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"SMS" wrote in message
On 04/06/10 1:22 PM, Bill Weir wrote:
On Jun 4, 4:16 pm, "Edward wrote:
"Bill wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward wrote:
[...]

[...]

Don't make me laugh. A few fatalities and that will be the end of any
sharing of trails.

The extremist views of Vandeman and
Dolan, along with their lack of logic, critical thinking skills, and their
inability to express themselves lucidly are to the detriment of the more
thoughtful opponents of mountain biking that would be willing to reach
consensus on trail access for different groups of trail users.

Mr. Vandeman and I do not want "trail access for different groups of trail
users." We want hiking trails for hikers only. Take your consensus and shove
it up your ass!

The fact is that those mountain bikers should _not_ have been on that fire
trail, but since mountain bikers are generally allowed _only_ on fire
trails and roads, it may be that the prohibition is unfair and should be
modified.

Hikers and bikers cannot use the same trails. I recognize you are too
****ing stupid to ever acknowledge that (how is that for critical thinking).
The only thing that needs modifying is your brain.

The problem of letting extremists defend a position held by others is
usually a bad idea. You see this in the periodic helmet wars on the
bicycling groups, where there are always a few people screaming about
driving helmets and gardening helmets and such, quoting discredited
studies, and promoting junk science and statistics. These tactics lead the
more thoughtful readers to think, "geez, if their position is so weak that
they have to resort to that kind of lunacy then maybe helmets really do
need to be made mandatory."

Apparently it has never occurred to you just how extreme your position is.
Thinking that we can all use the same trails and live happily ever after is
a non-starter. You are not only insane, but a criminal lunatic besides.

Old June 5th 10, 03:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:14:18 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Moi-aussi (a coward and a scoundrel who hides behind a user name) wrote
about himself:

[...]

**** you asshole!

The above will be my standard response to you from now on. Get used to it
because that is all you are ever going to get.

You are quite amusing.

And you are pathetic, but I knew that from day one.

****ing Regards,

Old June 5th 10, 04:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bill Weir

On Jun 4, 10:19*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message

On 04/06/10 1:22 PM, Bill Weir wrote:
On Jun 4, 4:16 pm, "Edward *wrote:
"Bill *wrote in message

On Jun 4, 3:44 pm, "Edward *wrote:
[...]

[...]

Wrong. Mike has said it was ok for horses to use said trails. Get your
facts straight before you speak for the inmate.
Old June 5th 10, 04:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
SMS

On 04/06/10 8:25 PM, Bill Weir wrote:

snip

Wrong. Mike has said it was ok for horses to use said trails. Get your
facts straight before you speak for the inmate.

And the issue was never about trail damage since horses do far more
damage to the trails than mountain bikes, and hikers with lug sole boots
also damage the trails, and destroy plants and wildlife.

It's always the attitude that "hikers were here first so we should have
exclusive use of the trails because it's unpleasant to have to be on the
lookout for mountain bikers.

Personally, what I'd like to see for mountain bikes is something similar
to what some lakes and reservoirs do in regards to alternating access
for self-powered and motorized boats (actually non-motorized boats are
legal any time but you really don't want to be out there with those
crazies). While it would be better for me if they banned all motor
boats, I recognize that the world does not revolve around kayakers and
canoeists, and that as much as I dislike motor boats, they should be
able to use the water too. They did ban two cycle engines on motor boats
on a lot of lakes and reservoirs, which lowered the noise level and the
pollution of air and water.
Old June 5th 10, 05:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bill Weir" wrote in message
On Jun 4, 10:19 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Mr. Vandeman and I do not want "trail access for different groups of trail
users." We want hiking trails for hikers only. Take your consensus and
shove
it up your ass!

Wrong. Mike has said it was ok for horses to use said trails. Get your

facts straight before you speak for the inmate.

Yes, we have to allow horses, although in an ideal world horses would have
their own trails. Horses and hikers mix OK provided there are not too many
horses. It is expensive to keep horses in our generation, so there are never
very many horses. I have hiked thousands of miles on hiking trails and have
encountered horse parties only rarely.

On the other hand, mountain bikers proliferate worse than locusts. We do not
need them on hiking trails. It is a conflicting use of a scarce resource.
Mountain bikers need their own trails. I would not object to that at all.
Maybe Mr. Vandeman would, but I would not.