Amber gambler cyclist kills errant pedestrian, yet does not face charges.

Old March 29th 13, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Amber gambler cyclist kills errant pedestrian, yet does not face charges.

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last year
when he stepped backwards into the path of an oncoming cyclist.
The hearing was told that Mr Shaw was knocked to the ground and sustained a
serious head injury.

The father-of-three was taken to Pinderfields Hospital but tests revealed
the injury was so severe he could not be saved.

the cyclist failed to take any appropriate actions while travelling up to
the roadworks and travelling up to the collision.
"These actions were failing to slow down at traffic lights showing amber on
passing, then accelerating through the lights rather than slowing down, and
not braking or avoiding Mr Shaw.

"The actions of both parties resulted in the collision."

However, one was showing little regard for road safety while using a
vehicle, while the dead man just stepped into the road. Bicycles are nimble
and able to stop rapidly, yet the cyclist ploughed into a man and killed
him.

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/ne...list-1-5539392

Old March 29th 13, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Major Scott

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:55:58 -0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last year
when he stepped backwards

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

--
Confucius say: "Man who lives in glass house should change in basement."
Old March 30th 13, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

wrote:

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over
by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last
year
when he stepped backwards

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without
indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

.... because drivers and cyclists should take more care.
Old March 30th 13, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Major Scott

wrote:

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over
by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last
year
when he stepped backwards

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without
indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

... because drivers and cyclists should take more care.

I ask again, why should pedestrians not take more care?

If I sail my windsurf into the path of an oil tanker, I can't blame him for it. You shouldn't just automatically blame the larger vehicle.

--
Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?

Old March 30th 13, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Major Scott

wrote:

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over
by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last
year
when he stepped backwards

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without
indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

... because drivers and cyclists should take more care.

I ask again, why should pedestrians not take more care?

If I sail my windsurf into the path of an oil tanker, I can't blame him
for it. You shouldn't just automatically blame the larger vehicle.

Troll.

My statement is a perfect analogy. I challenge you to negate it.

--
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
Old March 30th 13, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

wrote:

A workman died from traumatic brain injuries after he was knocked over
by a
cyclist, an inquest has found.

Nevil Martin Shaw, 53, was working on Portbello Road on August 3 last
year
when he stepped backwards

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without
indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

... because drivers and cyclists should take more care.

I ask again, why should pedestrians not take more care?

If I sail my windsurf into the path of an oil tanker, I can't blame him
for it. You shouldn't just automatically blame the larger vehicle.

Troll.

The difference with oil tankers (like trains) is that they cannot stop.

Cars (and bikes) are driven (or ridden) by people in public places where
there are people innocently going about their daily lives.

Old March 30th 13, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:

[...]

Be careful there. Ant (or Dec) has made a rule that cars, trains, oil
tankers and pogo sticks are OT in urc. But he may not have noticed, so
you may get away with it.
Old March 30th 13, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Squashme" wrote in message

The difference with oil tankers (like trains) is that they cannot stop.

Cars (and bikes) are driven (or ridden) by people in public places where
there are people innocently going about their daily lives.

Be careful there.

So you get to make the rules, eh?

Old March 30th 13, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Major Scott

wrote:

That's all we need to know. The pedestrian reversed without
indicating. Why should pedestrians always be innocent?

... because drivers and cyclists should take more care.

I ask again, why should pedestrians not take more care?

If I sail my windsurf into the path of an oil tanker, I can't blame him
for it. You shouldn't just automatically blame the larger vehicle.

Troll.

The difference with oil tankers (like trains) is that they cannot stop.

A pedestrian can stop a damn sight quicker than a bicycle or car. They are far more manoeuvrable and should get out of the way, just like my windsurf in the path of an oil tanker.

Cars (and bikes) are driven (or ridden) by people in public places where
there are people innocently going about their daily lives.

You're forgetting the very same people that walk are sometimes in cars or on bikes. There aren't three different species in question here.

--
Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.