I've heard it all now!

Old September 23rd 03, 06:17 PM
Simonb

Default I've heard it all now!

Never have I heard a better illustration of what goes on in the mind of some
(and I emphasise that) drivers.

Coming down my road this evening after work (narrow road, cars parked either
side), the car behind me starts beeping. Naturally, I cannot move over as
there are cars parked all the way down. So I keep going. The beeping starts
again. So I just stopped there in the middle of the road. I turned to the
driver and asked why she was beeping at me.

She says, "Move over!"
I say, "Where to?"
She says, "I don't care, move over or stop."
In disbelief, I ask why I should stop.
She says, "You're a bike, I'm a car. I have priority. Just move over!"
I'm almost dumbstruck at this point and tell her that I have every right to
cycle where I am in the road.
Then she adds, (and this is the best bit) "I've passed my test. You need to
get a life." And once again she tells me to move over. Now her kids in the
back chirp in with "Just ****ing move over!"

Charming.

At this point I just tell them to **** off (this was wrong, I know -- so
flame me) and carry on making my way down the road (making a point of
staying right in the middle of it). Needless to say, she follows me beeping
as she goes. Until I turn off in front of my house.

I really hope they're not locals.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Maybe she was just trying to wind me up. I
certainly worked.

Simonb

Old September 23rd 03, 06:25 PM
Digweed .. ;\)

Simonb tried to scribble ...

At this point I just tell them to **** off (this was wrong, I know --
so flame me) and carry on making my way down the road (making a point
of staying right in the middle of it). Needless to say, she follows
me beeping as she goes. Until I turn off in front of my house.

Some people really wouldn't understand any other reply anyway .. and if you
_had_ replied in a more subtle, funny, or indeed intelligent, manner, they'd
have probably just ran you over ayway ..

I really hope they're not locals.

Heheheh, keep an eye on your front garden .. especially in the wee small
hours .. Personally, I would have cycled past my house and turned off
some way past, or even into a different street .. but I'd rather be a coward

Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette, '88 Ford Escort 1.6 Ghia,
'95 Dyna-Tech CroMo Comp, '97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi,
'02 Schumacher CAT 3000, '03 Losi Kinwald Triple-X,
'03 Associated RC10 B4 ....

Old September 23rd 03, 06:31 PM
Simonb

Digweed .. wrote:

Some people really wouldn't understand any other reply anyway .. and
if you _had_ replied in a more subtle, funny, or indeed intelligent,
manner, they'd have probably just ran you over ayway ..

Indeed. At one point during the altercation I seem to remember her revving
her engine and moving towards me. Is this some sort of crime? Threatening
behaviour perhaps? Deliberately threatening someone with a car is somewhat
akin to wielding an axe is it not?

Simonb

Old September 23rd 03, 06:41 PM
elyob

"Simonb" sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk wrote in message
. ..
Digweed .. wrote:

Some people really wouldn't understand any other reply anyway .. and
if you _had_ replied in a more subtle, funny, or indeed intelligent,
manner, they'd have probably just ran you over ayway ..

Indeed. At one point during the altercation I seem to remember her revving
her engine and moving towards me. Is this some sort of crime? Threatening
behaviour perhaps? Deliberately threatening someone with a car is somewhat
akin to wielding an axe is it not?

It's your word against hers ... and she knows where you live

I always enjoy the fact that they're really wound up and will whinge about
it for hours to their SO. Me, I just have a beer.

Old September 23rd 03, 06:42 PM
Malcolm Stewart

"Simonb" sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk wrote in message
. ..
Never have I heard a better illustration of what goes on in the mind of some
(and I emphasise that) drivers.

snip
Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Maybe she was just trying to wind me up. I
certainly worked.
Simonb

PMT? Hers, not yours, of course...

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old September 23rd 03, 07:12 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Simonb wrote:

[...]

They're pikeys and shouldn't have been allowed to breed. I think I
would have reported them for harassment, at least.