Cycling and vegetarianism

Old August 31st 04, 07:24 PM
Preston Crawford

Default Cycling and vegetarianism

I've foudn it hard, as busy as I am, to get enough protein to feel good,
especially as I ramp up my mileage. So last summer I started eating fish
again after being a vegetarian for 5 years. I'm thinking of starting
turkey again. I think between turkey and fish and egg whites and yogurt I
should be good to go in terms of protein.

Has anyone here struggled with this issue? Do you think I'm doing the
right thing or do you think I should consider trying sources like soy
before turkey? The main reason for choosing turkey is because of its ease
of use as a protein source at work. Throw together a quick sandwich and
theres 20% of my protein for the day, you know.

Preston
Old August 31st 04, 07:35 PM
Bob in CT

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:36:46 -0400, Roger Zoul
wrote:

Preston Crawford wrote:
:: I've foudn it hard, as busy as I am, to get enough protein to feel
:: good, especially as I ramp up my mileage. So last summer I started
:: eating fish again after being a vegetarian for 5 years. I'm thinking
:: of starting turkey again. I think between turkey and fish and egg
:: whites and yogurt I should be good to go in terms of protein.
::
:: Has anyone here struggled with this issue? Do you think I'm doing the
:: right thing or do you think I should consider trying sources like soy
:: before turkey? The main reason for choosing turkey is because of its
:: ease of use as a protein source at work. Throw together a quick
:: sandwich and theres 20% of my protein for the day, you know.

Eat the turkey.

::
:: Preston

I you want easy, try whey protein. One scoop (typically) is 20 grams of
protein.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Old August 31st 04, 07:55 PM
S o r n i

Roger Zoul wrote:

Eat the turkey.

Post of the week.

Bill "of course, it's only Tuesday" S.

Old August 31st 04, 07:55 PM
S o r n i

Old August 31st 04, 08:20 PM
Roger Zoul

S o r n i wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::
::: Eat the turkey.
::
:: Post of the week.
::
:: Bill "of course, it's only Tuesday" S.

Hey, wasn't that the question? Maybe I get a IOW nomination

Old August 31st 04, 08:20 PM
Roger Zoul

S o r n i wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::
::: Eat the turkey.
::
:: Post of the week.
::

Old August 31st 04, 08:30 PM
Frank Miles

In article ,
Preston Crawford wrote:
I've foudn it hard, as busy as I am, to get enough protein to feel good,
especially as I ramp up my mileage. So last summer I started eating fish
again after being a vegetarian for 5 years. I'm thinking of starting
turkey again. I think between turkey and fish and egg whites and yogurt I
should be good to go in terms of protein.

Has anyone here struggled with this issue? Do you think I'm doing the
right thing or do you think I should consider trying sources like soy
before turkey? The main reason for choosing turkey is because of its ease
of use as a protein source at work. Throw together a quick sandwich and
theres 20% of my protein for the day, you know.

Preston

Naah. Been a vegetarian for 30 years, biked & hiked a lot. You don't
really need all that much protein. If you do, cottage cheese is the cure.
What you may need to do is cut down on empty calories (except, perhaps,
on days with extremely high caloric demands).

Of course, it isn't as easy as the 'merican way.

Is what you might be feeling simply age?

-frank