Velorution in Bucharest

Old September 24th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
len

Default Velorution in Bucharest

Velorution (http://www.velorutia.ro/blog): the cycling (velo)
revolution: a project to promote cycling as a clean alternative to the
continual traffic jam and increasing pollution from the city.

I was very glad to participate in the velorution event organized for
the mobility week on 22.sep.2007. Almost 500 cyclists (extreme number
for Romania) joined and marched together to show their support for a
cleaner way of life. It was the largest mass of cyclist I have ever
seen in Bucharest, otherwise a car obsesed city, and this gave me a
bit of hope for the futu http://www.len.ro/photo/velorutia/index.html

Old September 24th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

OMG! less than a quarter of 'em are wearing helmets... don't those
silly Europeans know that their heads will explode if not contained
within a helmet.

More Velorution Charles Racing 0 June 11th 07 06:14 AM
Velorution ! Keith Racing 2 June 10th 07 02:42 AM
The Velorution will not be motorised. David Martin UK 2 March 3rd 05 10:05 AM