ER last night: THBPT

Old October 15th 04, 04:44 AM

Default ER last night: THBPT

Did anyone see ER last night?

FOr those who didn't see it, there was a collision between two
cyclists- one was a kid who looked kind of like Tinker Juarez, the
other a roadie. So they portrayed the roadie as : a total arrogant
jerk, not at all concerned about the kid, only concerned about his
bike; bragging about his mileage (200 a week) and mentioned that his
bike (a Serrotta legend) was worth 6000 bucks. He even trie to klonk
the other kid with his helmet. THe doctor then asks "You spent six
grand ON A BIKE?"

It was just so annoying. Thanks ER for that lovely bit of bad
publicity!

Like doctors don't spend 10 grand ON A CAR??? grrrrr....
Old October 15th 04, 02:58 PM
Pat

: Like doctors don't spend 10 grand ON A CAR??? grrrrr....
:
:
: Yeah...10 grand buys a nice car these days huh? LOL
:
:
: Aim your sites a little higher, jeez

Unless you don't want him to post here any more, I think you mean "aim your
sights".....

Pat in TX

Old October 15th 04, 04:59 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:00:29 -0000, Dane Jackson

Like doctors don't spend 10 grand ON A CAR??? grrrrr....

*cough*

I think you mean 100 grand.

LOL, i did mean to write 100 grand. Sh*tty keyboard.

ANd that scene was even funnier considering how many doctors are
cyclists!
Old October 15th 04, 06:04 PM
David Reuteler

Dane Jackson wrote:
Heh. I desperately need a new one, but I'm holding out until I can
find one with no "Windows" keys.

hey dane, i spend 50+ hours a week at the keyboard and i'm a snooty bsd/unix
user. i give this keyboard my highest recommendation:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pfuca-st...ackeylit1.html

the name is a definite bonus. the price is a bit much for a keyboard but
it has the best action since the old IBM PC keyboards plus it's small
(the keys are normal size, the keyboard itself is small). i've got 3 of
them (1 at work, 2 at home -- i've found my carpal tunnel is helped by
having the same keyboard everywhere).

plus the control key is in the right place, damnit. & no windows key.
--
david reuteler

Old October 15th 04, 06:05 PM
maxo

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:45:37 +0000, Dane Jackson wrote:

Heh. I desperately need a new one, but I'm holding out until I can find
one with no "Windows" keys.

I just "sharpied" mine.
Old October 15th 04, 07:24 PM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:05:34 +0000, maxo wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:45:37 +0000, Dane Jackson wrote:

Heh. I desperately need a new one, but I'm holding out until I can find
one with no "Windows" keys.

You don't need any company's software to program your keys the way you
want with linux/X. Look at ~/.Xmodmap, and define actions for all those
fancy keys there, using xev to see which key sends what symbol.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Accept risk. Accept responsibility. Put a lawyer out of
_`\(,_ | business.

IMBA Advocates Illegal Night Riding! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 23 September 27th 04 11:06 AM
Night Ride Monty General 17 August 6th 04 11:11 PM
Penasquitos Canyon at Night ~Video~ Michael Paul Mountain Biking 6 May 8th 04 02:51 PM
? 4 all you night riders... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 12 November 1st 03 02:44 AM