Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Old November 7th 13, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

What does impact have to do with anything. I am talking about how speed and distance are what matters when it comes to conflict on the trails.

No, you wrote, and I quote “Human POWER [emphasis mine] is multiplied many times by being on a machine with wheels.”. This is not true.

Now, having been called on that error, instead of just saying “Sorry, I got it wrong” you are flailing around and trying to change the subject.

What does impact have to do with anything. I am talking about how speed
and distance are what matters when it comes to conflict on the trails. In
the case of motorcycles, noise is also a very big negative factor and a true conflict.

You rather seem to be making my point for me. Power, speed, weight, noise and impact of motorcycles all orders of magnitude higher than for mountainbikes.

Numbers don’t interest me. They are strictly for idiots like you and are always the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Of course they don’t. You have your closed mindset that refuses to acknowledge that, just maybe, your personal experiences and prejudices aren’t ubiquitous.

There can be no sharing of trails because the requirements, and indeed demands, of the two activities are entirely different. If you weren’t so dense, you would know that without having to have it explained to you.
Are you sure you have ever hiked?

You keep saying this but you can’t justify it. Why ? Why can’t a remote trail with minimal traffic be shared between bikers and hikers ? The answer is that it works fine; there is no conflict. On the other hand, sure, a downhill trail with large numbers of riders is not going to be pleasant to hike on. You keep making blanket statements instead of looking at specifics.

Now you’re trolling. You are well aware that he was convicted
because you were discussing it, in a forum, not long ago at all … https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci....I/38JwKuu7kCMJ

I do not think he was ever convicted of anything the least bit serious. The whole affair was a tempest in a teapot. Very amusing that you take any of
it seriously.

For a putative saint you have very little humility. Either your memory is completely shot or you were lying; you were discussing his convictions recently as the link shows. Very amusing that you can’t bring yourself to admit it when caught out.

No, I don’t know what happened precisely. But I do know what Vandeman himself wrote which showed his guilt quite clearly. He was there quite intentionally to seek conflict. The bikers didn’t seek any conflict, they just wanted to ride. Vandeman was determined to stop them despite that fact that it wasn’t his land nor did he have authority from the landowner to conduct enforcement.

None of the above sounds the least bit correct to me. You are merely speculating about what happened. Like I said before, you actually know nothing of what happened ... but nice try!

What you think sounds correct has very little impact on reality. I am not merely speculating, I am taking Vandeman’s own words; see link here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....M/nYQ7Q36X8akJ.

Vandeman admitted that he attempted to stop the biker to berate him about riding illegally. However, given that Vandeman had no authority to do so and had not been authorised by the landowner to conduct enforcement in taking that action he was breaking the law.

We all know who was civilized and who were the barbarians. If Mr.
Vandman had been assaulted, he would have a nice case against them
and could sue for damages - and the mountain bikers would be in a state
prison where they just naturally belong anyway.

Exactly … " ... if Mr Vandeman had been assaulted ... " … but that didn’t happen did it ? Instead, it was Vandeman who committed battery and was convicted for it. So, yes, we do know who acted in a civilised fashion and who was the barbarian … based on real world actions rather than just words. Quad Erat Demonstrandum.

You are editing your posts too severely. I do not see any question here.
On the other hand, I do not always answer a specific question when I can
give a more general answer which will cover more ground. After all, there
are many thousands of folks who are following this thread from all over
the world. I am thinking of them and not just you.

The question, which I repeated, was ‘Who am I upsetting ?’. Care to come up with an answer ?

I very much doubt that there are more than five people in the whole world following this now interminable thread which is, largely, going in circles.

Old November 8th 13, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:43:21 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

The only useless idiot here is you. But worse than being a useless idiot is being an asshole mountain biker.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

And here is the great and glorious Drooling Dolan, back to defend
himself against the slings and arrows of a hostile world.

Hey Droolin, when are you going to do something other then post self
glorification on the Internet. You know... get out and do something
rather then sitting there typing away and fantasize about saving the
paths?

The only useless idiot here is you. But worse than being a useless idiot is being an asshole mountain biker.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 8th 13, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

What does impact have to do with anything. I am talking about how speed and distance are what matters when it comes to conflict on the trails.

No, you wrote, and I quote “Human POWER [emphasis mine] is multiplied many times by being on a machine with wheels.”. This is not true.

Anybody ever tell you that you are an idiot? Well, I am telling you now!

Now, having been called on that error, instead of just saying “Sorry, I got it wrong” you are flailing around and trying to change the subject.

Anybody ever tell you that you are an idiot? Well, I am telling you now!

What does impact have to do with anything. I am talking about how speed
and distance are what matters when it comes to conflict on the trails. In
the case of motorcycles, noise is also a very big negative factor and a true conflict.

You rather seem to be making my point for me. Power, speed, weight, noise and impact of motorcycles all orders of magnitude higher than for mountainbikes.

The order of magnitude is only slightly more. What is an order of magnitude higher are cycling and hiking.

[...]

No one but an idiot like you is going to go around examining trails to see which are suitable for bikers and hikers to share. Positively no sharing of any trails that hikers and equestrians use. Get your own god damn ****ing trails!

[...]

I NEVER go to links. Just post it and I will tell you what I think of it.

[Mr.] Vandeman admitted that he attempted to stop the biker to berate him about riding illegally. However, given that Vandeman had no authority to do so and had not been authorised by the landowner to conduct enforcement in taking that action he was breaking the law.

You surely are the dumbest numbskull I have ever encountered. Anyone can talk to anyone for any reason without it turning into some kind of brawl. Mountain bikers are all thugs and hoodlums as is well known by everyone ... except you of course.

We all know who was civilized and who were the barbarians. If Mr.
Vandman had been assaulted, he would have a nice case against them
and could sue for damages - and the mountain bikers would be in a state
prison where they just naturally belong anyway.

Exactly … " ... if Mr Vandeman had been assaulted ... " … but that didn’t happen did it ? Instead, it was Vandeman who committed battery and was convicted for it. So, yes, we do know who acted in a civilised fashion and who was the barbarian … based on real world actions rather than just words. Quad Erat Demonstrandum.

Nope, none of the above is true. Mr. Vandeman was verbal, the bikers were physical. That is always the way it is with thugs and hooligans.

You are editing your posts too severely. I do not see any question here.
On the other hand, I do not always answer a specific question when I can
give a more general answer which will cover more ground. After all, there
are many thousands of folks who are following this thread from all over
the world. I am thinking of them and not just you.

The question, which I repeated, was ‘Who am I upsetting ?’. Care to come up with an answer ?

Who are you upsetting in relation to what statement that was being responded to? So far the only person you are upsetting is Me. John probably thinks you are the cats pajamas!

I very much doubt that there are more than five people in the whole world following this now interminable thread which is, largely, going in circles.

Well, that is an interesting speculation which I suspect is true. But it wasn’t like that in the good old days a few years ago when I had many hundreds of assholes to deal with, not just one like you and this other asshole character who goes by the moniker of John. Yea, I had my work cut out for me then. Now I think all newsgroups have fallen on hard times.

The social websites do not work for me. I am too contentious and never agree with anyone about anything. It was some kind of miracle when I discovered Mr. Vandeman. He and I agree on most things that matter about trails and bikers. I urged him to put his talent to better use and get off the newsgroups as there was none left but assholes like you and me.

The reason we are going in circles is because we are concerned about different aspects of bikes on trails. With me it is about purpose (mental impact) and with you it is about physical impact. Mr. Vandeman is much better equipped to argue about the physical impacts which I really don’t care much about since the whole world is going to hell anyway. What I care about are the mental impacts. That is the only conflict that matters to me.

When I am hiking in a wilderness it is a religious experience. I am treading on holy ground. I move slowly so I can take in every aspect of my surroundings. I want it to last forever. Natural wilderness is my cathedral. I am not alone in thinking and feeling like this. Now you can see why our minds can never meet.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 8th 13, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

When I am hiking in a wilderness it is a religious experience.
I am treading on holy ground. I move slowly so I can take in every aspect of my
surroundings. I want it to last forever. Natural wilderness is my cathedral. I
am not alone in thinking and feeling like this. Now you can see why our minds
can never meet.

Yes, we finally agree on something. As you may recall, I stated that I sometimes feel like this too. I enjoy quiet and solitude and contemplation.

However, the reason we will never meet is that I cannot accept that one person's desire for such an experience should trump others' desire to use a resource, to which they have exactly the same rights, for a different purpose.
Old November 8th 13, 10:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:26:19 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:43:21 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

The only useless idiot here is you. But worse than being a useless idiot is being an asshole mountain biker.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

And here is the great and glorious Drooling Dolan, back to defend
himself against the slings and arrows of a hostile world.

Hey Droolin, when are you going to do something other then post self
glorification on the Internet. You know... get out and do something
rather then sitting there typing away and fantasize about saving the
paths?

The only useless idiot here is you. But worse than being a useless idiot is being an asshole mountain biker.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Oh Ho, so Droolin' Dolan is back and doing your best for the walkers.
(Yapping away like a small dog). A Pekinese, I'd reckon. Much yipping
and yipping and dancing about, but no actions.

Damn, isn't it awful to be so useless.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old November 8th 13, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

Oh Ho, so Droolin' Dolan is back and doing your best for the walkers.

(Yapping away like a small dog). A Pekinese, I'd reckon. Much yipping
and yipping and dancing about, but no actions.

Damn, isn't it awful to be so useless.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 8th 13, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

When I am hiking in a wilderness it is a religious experience.
I am treading on holy ground. I move slowly so I can take in every aspect of my
surroundings. I want it to last forever. Natural wilderness is my cathedral. I
am not alone in thinking and feeling like this. Now you can see why our minds
can never meet.

Yes, we finally agree on something. As you may recall, I stated that I sometimes feel like this too. I enjoy quiet and solitude and contemplation.

However, the reason we will never meet is that I cannot accept that one person's desire for such an experience should trump others' desire to use a resource, to which they have exactly the same rights, for a different purpose.

Others can use the resource in another location apart from hikers and equestrians. Purpose trumps everything. When purposes conflict, something has got to give. What has got to give are cyclists. They need to get their own god damn ****ing trails. Period!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 9th 13, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:49:58 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

Oh Ho, so Droolin' Dolan is back and doing your best for the walkers.

(Yapping away like a small dog). A Pekinese, I'd reckon. Much yipping
and yipping and dancing about, but no actions.

Damn, isn't it awful to be so useless.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

What is it the old folks used to say, "Sticks and stones will break my
bones but words will never hurt me"?.

In other words, your ranting and raving on the Internet is doing
nothing, nothing what so ever, to protect the foot paths that you
profess to adore.

One wonders whether you are too foolish to realize this or whether
your profanity and silly arguments are, in fact, all you have to
offer.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old November 9th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:49:58 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

[...]

If you are just going to harp on a single theme, then all you will ever get from me is what you have gotten above. I do not waste any time or effort on fools. Either post content or get lost!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 10th 13, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 14:01:02 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:49:58 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message ...
[...]

[...]

Well, the single theme... that Dolan isn't accomplishing a single
thing with his loud and frantic jabbering hasn't accomplished a single
thing except to contribute to band width overload on Usenet.

The self disillusionment that this individual suffers from is mind
boggling -- "Look Ma, I'm saving the Trails from the bikers". But the
bikers are still there and the Courts are supporting them.

Diddling Dolan, society's least productive zealot.
--
Cheers,

John B.