"RMan"

Old February 27th 04, 10:10 AM
Etxy

Default "RMan"

Hippy wrote:
Which grade are you racing? I have the most honed ability to totally
forget someone I've just met and to not recognise people when they
change clothes, helmet, bike, glasses, watch, deodorant, religion.. ;-)
hippy

So is that why you totally ignored me down at the track a couple o
weeks ago? *sulks* ;

-

Old February 27th 04, 12:25 PM
hippy

"Etxy" wrote in message news:YHE%b.70048
Hippy wrote:
Which grade are you racing? I have the most honed ability to totally
forget someone I've just met and to not recognise people when they
change clothes, helmet, bike, glasses, watch, deodorant, religion..

;-)
hippy

So is that why you totally ignored me down at the track a couple of
weeks ago? *sulks*

Ahhh! It WAS you! :-P

Man, I stared at you and you didn't nod, wink,
mumble or anything so I thought to myself
"oops, not Etxy, how embarassment!". I couldn't
remember your name too so I couldn't go:
"Oi! realname". Oh well, told you I suck with
names. ;-)

Sorry man! Damn! I knew it was you! :-)

Now it's my turn... How come you haven't been
at the last two METEC crits? (maybe you have
and I've snobbed you off again - hope not!).

bad hippy

Old February 27th 04, 01:10 PM
Etxy

Hippy wrote:
"Etxy" wrote in message
Hippy wrote:
[...]

Dude, I waved at you and said G'day Stu! I'll drop by thi
thursday, just so I can say hello :P The sacrifices I make..
*mutters rabidly

I haven't been at the last couple of METEC crits because of two reasons
A) Profound lack of money, what with a new bike and all and B) Profoun
laziness. I might head on down soonish... :

-

Old February 28th 04, 12:45 AM
hippy

"Etxy" wrote in message news:QkH%b.45003
Dude, I waved at you and said G'day Stu! I'll drop by this
thursday, just so I can say hello :P The sacrifices I make...
*mutters rabidly*

You did? I must've been in that other world I visit
after trying to ride fast :-) Again, sorry.. I'll try and
acknowledge you next time. hehe! ;-)

I haven't been at the last couple of METEC crits because of two reasons.
A) Profound lack of money, what with a new bike and all and B) Profound
laziness. I might head on down soonish...

Come on - it's only $5!
Get yourself a higher paying job or something :-)

hippy

Old February 28th 04, 12:10 PM
Etxy

Hippy wrote:
Come on - it's only $5! Get yourself a higher paying job or
something :-)

I've already got 2 jobs, still paying off my bike, trying to fi
training in with music, and doing the first year of VCE... gimme a brea
already! ;

Seriously, though, I'll head on down eventually; when I think I'll b
able to stick with D grade. :

-

Old February 29th 04, 12:51 PM
hippy

So, is the jacket finally in your hot
little hands?

praying
"please let it be so..."
/praying

hippy

Old February 29th 04, 10:34 PM
rickster

"hippy" wrote in message ...
So, is the jacket finally in your hot
little hands?

praying
"please let it be so..."
/praying

hippy

hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never bet wet again.

RMan
Old February 29th 04, 11:23 PM
hippy

"rickster" wrote in message
om...
hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never

bet wet again.

Cool! Sorry about the delay :-)
I was tempted to go back to the desk and
borrow it for our post-race ride, when it
started pishing down... :-)
How was your race?
Most of the C grade field was lapped by
5 uhem "significantly stronger" riders... grr.

hippy

Old March 1st 04, 12:50 AM
jazmo

Hippy wrote:
"rickster" wrote in message news:376aeeba.0402291-
g.google.com...
hippy you da man ! I thank you for returning it to me. I'll never

bet wet again.
Cool! Sorry about the delay :-) I was tempted to go back to the desk and
borrow it for our post-race ride, when it started pishing down... :-)
How was your race? Most of the C grade field was lapped by 5 uhem
"significantly stronger" riders... grr.
hippy

Looks like Barton has been upgraded to B grade as per the race report on
the Carnegie Caulfield website.
http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/ra...s/29Feb04.html. Why is it
that only the winner is upgraded when when all three riders ended up
lapping the field? Were you guys going reasonably hard after they got
away or did you lose the impetus to go hard?

Old March 1st 04, 02:56 AM
hippy

"jazmo" wrote in message
Looks like Barton has been upgraded to B grade as per the race report

on
the Carnegie Caulfield website.

Sounds that way. I didn't even get a mention! I did just
as much work out the front as Carl.. no fair!

http://www.carnegiecycling.com.au/ra...s/29Feb04.html. Why is it
that only the winner is upgraded when when all three riders ended up
lapping the field?

No idea. Carnegie don't seem too concerned about grading.
It seems to me that you can put yourself into any grade you
want. Like the C grader moving into A in order to get bonus
points for some bike prize they are offering? Makes you
wanna enter D. If I want to just kill myself on a ride, I can
save $10 and jump onto a fast Beach Rd. bunch...

Were you guys going reasonably hard after they got
away or did you lose the impetus to go hard?

Carl and I were doing big turns and Rick and Gemma
did some turns as well. I kept surging off the front (I
found out after the race that this was bad) and kept
dropping the rest of the bunch. Basically I cained
myself trying to get onto a bunch that ended up lapping
us.. not happy. This race was going to be a placing for
me...

hippy