Rear Derailer Pully Wheels

Old August 23rd 03, 04:38 PM
killerbee

Default Rear Derailer Pully Wheels

Looked at local shop (Everett, Wa) and wnat 15 a jockey wheel! Anyone know
of a place (local or online) where I can get some.

Thanks

Old August 23rd 03, 07:12 PM
Cameron

"killerbee" wrote in message ...
Looked at local shop (Everett, Wa) and wnat 15 a jockey wheel! Anyone know
of a place (local or online) where I can get some.

Thanks

What shop? I live in Everett, also. One shop I know of wants $130.00 for an Avid mech!!!
$70 at Pricepoint...

Let me guess, the shop is on Evergreen and has a poorly designed parking lot?

Was that $15 for each wheel? Most replacements I could find were about $15 for the pair.
Could get up around $22 if you want those colorful anodized aluminum types.

--
Cameron

Old August 24th 03, 04:50 AM
Cameron

"killerbee" wrote in message ...
Yes it was the one with the poorly designed parking lot. Just looking for
shimano replacements.....BC does have some pricing issues.

I guessed correctly... :-)

Some pricing issues? Tip: never buy or even bother looking for components
there. They're a ripoff place. Unless you want a year end road bike.

If you haven't already ordered the pulley's online, and you haven't called them
yet, try giving Tim's Bike Shop (257-9037) a ring on Monday. The shop is right
on Broadway, next to Alfy's. That's my LBS. They have given me quite a few
greate deals. Such as when I had a friends bike stored up here. His chainrings
were worn and trashed horribly. I picked up a new RaceFace Prodigy XC for
$80, installed. Recently, I replaced my LX chainrings (22-32) with matching
TruVativ rings for $10 and $20, respectively. Including installation. And as far
as my 2003 JrT goes..... well, I don't want to make you cry. :-)

They may not have the jockey wheels in stock, but they should be able to order
them, if you wish. They also try to be competitive in pricing, but if they can't meet
your desired spending price, they won't get ****ed off if you buy somewhere else.
Unless you go back to 'BC'. They have issues with that "bike shop". ;-)

--
Cameron