cycle computer

Old July 31st 03, 10:44 AM
Tim

Default cycle computer

I want a cycle computer that give's

Normal stuff like speed , distance etc
Temperture
and a light for night travel

Does such a thing exist??

Thanks

Old July 31st 03, 10:58 AM
Dave Larrington

Tim wrote:

I want a cycle computer that give's

Normal stuff like speed , distance etc
Temperture
and a light for night travel

Does such a thing exist??

The only backlit computer I know of is the Topeak Panoram, which doesn't do
temperature. I've seen small LED lights used to light up computers - these
used to be commercially available but I haven't seen them recently - and I
know of a few people who've used Photon LED torches for this purpose.

As an alternative, a head torch or h+lm+t-mounted light might do the
necessary.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old July 31st 03, 03:26 PM
MD

Tim wrote:
I want a cycle computer that give's

Normal stuff like speed , distance etc
Temperture
and a light for night travel

Does such a thing exist??

Thanks

I think the backlight would drain the battery in no time. However, at
the back of the current MPS motorcycle accessory catalogue there is a
Sigma torch, which is a small torch from the cycle computer makers of
the same name[1] that clips to the handlebars next to the computer and
shines downwards at 45degrees. Looks like it should be universally
fitting, as it's separate to the computer. £6.99. Part# is 500 007
should you order from them. Their website is hopeless though, you need
to phone with the part#.

[1] It's probably in a motorcycle parts catalogue as they work to well
over 70mph, and are popular with people converting motocross bikes to
road use as a workable speedo.

--

Regards,

Mark Davies

Old July 31st 03, 05:26 PM
Pete Biggs

Tim wrote:
I want a cycle computer that give's

Normal stuff like speed , distance etc
Temperture
and a light for night travel

If can't find one...........

A DIY light can be made with an LED mounted on a solid-core wire bent over
the computer. Bit crap but it's fun to do! :-)

If riding in street lit areas, the display on the Cateye Mity 3 (and
probably other Cateyes) is so contrasty and clear that it doesn't need a
backlight. Doesn't have temperature though (that's not normal!).

~PB

Old August 1st 03, 09:07 AM
Mike Gayler

"Tim" writed in news:bgaou5$fdm$1
@pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk:

I want a cycle computer that give's

Normal stuff like speed , distance etc
Temperture
and a light for night travel

Does such a thing exist??

The £3.99 computer recently on sale at Aldi had temperature, the first one
I've seen that does at a sensible price!